Saturday, March 21, 2009

Seriously?...Seriously?...

1st "official" week as a CNA is OVER :)

Let me just say, I thought after the 1st day of working 13 hours straight that I was officially going to die. I felt as though I had ran a marathon. My feet hurt, my back hurt... well EVERYTHING pretty much hurt. And to make things worse, I didn't really understand when to take breaks or anything like that so I pretty much was STARVING by the time I got home and probably caused a bladder infection due to the fact that I didn't go to the restroom the entire day! I really wasn't sure I would even be able to get out of bed Wednesday morning to make it to work for my second day.

Day two was a little better. I was told when I could take my lunch break, I found the bathroom, and I started to understand what the heck I was doing... FINALLY. The day was a little bit busier than day one but since I was starting to get into the groove of things, it actually seemed better to me. I still was absolutely exhausted after another 13 hour work day and pretty much went to bed as soon as I got home.

Day three was the last day of the work week for me. I am going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this work schedule situation. Basically you work almost 40 hours in 3 days and then you get to have 4 days off. Well, this may not always be the case... but at least for the next month it will be. This last day of the work week was insane. By the time 6:30pm rolled around, I started thinking the like the little engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can" was all that was going through my head. When the girl who has been training me told me to walk down the hall to get something from the supply closet, I told her that if I didn't make it back in 10 minutes I had probably passed out and she better come find me. She laughed. I was serious. I wasn't sure if my feet were even still moving. When I was finally able to clock out that night I got into my car and headed out of the parking garage. I stopped at a stop light right outside the garage and started thinking, "wow, I can barely see through my windshield". Right about this time, I also realized the reason I couldn't see through my windshield was because it was RAINING. Yes, I was really so tired that I could no longer process rain. Once again, I passed out as soon as I got home.

Today was great. Day one of my 4 day weekend. I spent the whole day doing absolutely nothing. I caught up on all the trashy TV from the week, hung out with fur baby, and didn't get out of my PJs until about 4:30pm. It was fabulous. Justin took me out to a great dinner at Chimas and then we came home to watch Wake get kicked out the big dance (that part wasn't so great). I am definitely looking forward to my next 3 days off although I am guessing they will be a little more productive than today was.

Still haven't heard from nursing school... I am anxiously waiting so be sure to say a little prayer for me :)

OOOOhh.. and on another note, I have had over 200 hits on my blog since I started it February 28th, 2009. I appreciate all of you who are reading my ramblings and hope you are finding them somewhat amusing. Feedback would be great! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.