Today I had a day all to myself and it was GREAT.
I start nursing school in less than a month so I will probably not have any days coming up that I can just relax and take it easy. I took full advantage of that today.
First on the list... I decided to go watch the movie "The Ugly Truth" ALL BY MYSELF.

I LOVE watching movies alone... maybe I am a weirdo. I got a big box of popcorn and a cherry coke and enjoyed them ALL BY MYSELF too. That movie was hilarious... although a little crude in some parts... there was one scene where I was crying I was laughing so hard... which probably is crazy when you are ALL BY YOURSELF.
Then I went to our brand new Wally World (aka: Walmart). Although I prefer Target, this new Walmart is about 5 minutes away from me so I am sure I will be shopping there once in awhile. In fact, I bought this today:
What is it you ask? Well, a little while ago, "The Mrs." @The Duncan Dialogues told us she had a few tasks for us. She could not perform these tasks because she was preparing for the bar exam (which she will be taking all day on tuesday (tomorrow) and wednesday -- go wish her good luck!!) :
Borrowed from "The Duncan Dialgoues":
3) Learn how to crochet. I'll even help you! I have some tutorial videos here. I want a full report hearing how your crochet is going. Because I sure don't have time to crochet right now, so I want you to. It is amazingly relaxing.
So, that is what I tried to do today.... I didn't get very far and had to start over a few times... but here is what I did:
So there you go... and it IS totally relaxing... you should try it!!
Next I read this entire book:

"The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Read partly because it was required to read before I meet with my advisor and partly because I wanted to read it anyway. This book was GREAT. If you haven't read this book, go out and buy it immediately.
And that was my day.... spent doing some of my favorite things and it was wonderful!







ahhh good luck learning to crochet, my mom has tried to teach me several times, and I don't do well! haha I'm sure you'll learn great!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see that movie!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it's good :)
How exciting!? Nursing school?! You go girlfriend. Get that rest while you can. Enjoy your days. I can't wait to see that movie myself.
ReplyDeleteoohhh i love crocheting! it really is relaxing! my problem is that i don't have the attention span to finish anything!
ReplyDelete