
It seems to be a tradition that on your 100th post you post 100 things about yourself. I can't believe I have already had 100 posts.... but Blogger doesn't lie... so here goes:
- I am starting NURSING SCHOOL in 1 week!!
- I am SOOOO nervous about going back to school since I have been out of school for 5 years
- I already have a Bachelors degree in Psychology from Wake Forest University.
- I did not use my degree.... hence why I am going back to school in 1 week!!
- I worked in property management at a luxury apartment home community before deciding to go back to school to become a nurse.
- I currently work as a CNA at a hospital
- My job is not the most glamorous job in the world and the pay kind of stinks but I am learning a lot.
- I cannot wait for football season, it is my favorite time of the year.
- We have a group of about 20 people that we tailgate with every year.
- I enjoy the tailgate more than the actual game
- Sometimes we tailgate for over 8 hours straight
- I love living in the South and being a Southerner
- I love sweet tea
- I love southern accents and country music
- I think every southern girl (or any girl in general) should have a strand of her grandmother's/mother's pearls
- I have a couple of strands
- I have a stuffed animal named Oatmeal that I have owned since I was born that sits next to my bed on the floor
- I will never get rid of Oatmeal. I don't care that he has a hole in the back of his head when my cat once attacked him or that he is losing his nose.
- I love to go shopping even if I don't buy anything
- Sometimes retail therapy is the best kind of therapy out there
- While I was trying to thing of 100 things to tell you guys, my husband went downstairs and made me this:
It was really yummy!
- Did I mention I have a great husband?
- We met our junior year of college at Wake Forest University.
- We were both pledging a coed service fraternity and fell in love (awww...)
- We dated for exactly 5 years, 6 months and 7 days (5,6,7) before we got engaged
- He proposed to me on a surprise trip to Jamaica (he didn't know about the 5,6,7 thing)
- We got married on 06/07/08 (6,7,8).
- On the day we got hitched we had been together for 6 years, 7 months, and 17 days (17 days could be read like 1+7=8 so you get 6, 7, 8 again)
- This was not planned either
- I turned 25 (which I think is a significant bday) on 05/06/07 (5,6,7)
- I like the numbers thing
- Especially since my husband is an accountant
- My husband graduated a year after me since he got his Master's degree
- He is probably one of the smartest people I know
- He is currently doing a crossword puzzle next to me.
- He thinks I am obsessed with blogging
- He may be right
- I never had anything monogrammed before getting married
- The reason why: my initials were ADD and I didn't like people making fun of me saying... haha, you have ADD
- Now I love getting things monogrammed. I especially like my last initial "W". It is a really pretty letter to get monogrammed... some letters are ugly, but not my letter
- We have a sweet fur baby named Gracie
- She has over 50 outfits (I have lost count at his point)
- She actually loves wearing clothes and gets excited when I go and pick something out of "her drawer"
- Yes, she has her own drawer... where else could I put all of those clothes?
- We had a fish for 3 years named Hannah.
- She passed away a few weeks ago and we buried her in a golf ball box in the backyard.
- This is the 2nd fish we have buried
- I hope we aren't starting pet cemetery out there.
- Speaking of pet cemetery, I LOVE horror movies.
- My favorite movie of all time is the movie "Psycho".
- I had/have a mild obsession with Anthony Perkins (Norman Bates in Psycho).
- Old black and white movies are the best
- I love going to the movie theater by myself and getting a big box of popcorn just for me
- I also love to read
- I read the same books over and over and over and over....
- I don't have a favorite book
- I have read the twilight series 4 times (all 4 books)
- I am so excited to see New Moon
- I have a group of friends that have already planned to go to the midnight showing
- I have a great family
- My father passed away when I was 5 (maybe one day I will tell you all about that)
- My mother remarried to a wonderful man that is a great stepfather. I am very lucky.
- I also got 2 stepbrothers in the process. That makes 4 brothers total. (plus 2 BILs)
- I am the proud aunt of 12 nephews and nieces (8 boys, 4 girls)
- My immediate family members all live within 1 hour of each other so we get together a lot
- Justin has a brother in Washington State and Virginia. His parents live in FL. We aren't able to get together as a whole unit very often.
- I have had the baby itch...
- but I don't think I am ready to have children yet
- I do want to have 2 to 3 children (one day)
- I would love twins (they don't run in our family... darn)
- I know blogging will be a great resource when I do become a mom
- For now you get to see lots of pictures of my fur baby, Gracie
- I love taking pictures
- A lot of my friends get annoyed at my incessant picture taking
- I tell them to get over it... hehe!
- I am horrible with directions
- I get lost using the navigation system
- I am LEFT-HANDED.
- I immediately feel closer to people when I find out they are left handed too
- I hate talking on the phone and I am really bad about calling people back
- I wish I could change that
- I love getting "real mail". People don't write letters anymore... it is sad
- I love getting dressed up and "going out"
- I love trying new foods
- I will try anything once
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
- This list is kind of crazy
- It's my 100th post... I can post like I want to
- I want to learn to sew better and to learn how to quilt
- I have a sewing machine.
- So far all I have made are beanbags for cornhole and hemmed a few pants
- Do you know what cornhole is? Its a tailgating game and its lots of fun. Maybe I will post about that closer to tailgating season
- I love reality TV... I can't get enough of it
- DVR is the best invention in the world
- I wish my house could clean itself
- Blogging is so rewarding
- I can't believe I have 68 followers
- I love meeting all of these new people. What a blessing you all are!
- I hope that wasn't too painful and that you learned a few new things about me!








I didn't realize the 100 things about yourself tradition for the 100th post! I just had a giveaway, lol :-) This is really neat, we have some things in common! Good luck at school!! I was going to go back myself for the same reason...have a degree, didn't use it ;-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 100 girl! Love your blog and look forward the next 100! And next time your husband whips up those bad boys in the picture perhaps you could mail some my way, no?
ReplyDeleteI love reading these sorts of things!! Congrats on 100 posts. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on hitting 100! I have never had great luck with fish survival either. Uh oh...your baby clock is starting to tick....lol
ReplyDeleteI love reality tv too. I could sit from morning to evening and watch it and never be bored. It's my guilty pleasure and I really don't feel guilty about it!
man. that must have taken you forever and a day. great list. i skimmed it so i owe you another blog post read-through.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the big 100!!! How exciting about going back to school! I've been done with undergrad for 4 years and am thinking of going back too, its kind of scary!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 100th post and yea for starting nursing school! I love football season too! What team do you like? Oooh that numbers thing is crazy, especially since you didn't plan it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 100th post! I didn't know about the 100 things tradition either! Mine would be really boring. . . yours was fun! :)
ReplyDeleteHee hee... that was a fun 100 list! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for football season too! My brothers got me into it... so I just root for their teams! Who do you cheer for?!?
Yay for Twilight! I'm excited for New Moon too! I want to go at midnight... I'll just have to get a brave soul to stay with my Baby Chomp!!! I hope you have LOADS of fun seeing it!
I TOTALLY agree with you on the good mail! I think it should be the only thing out there...
yay for 100!!! and i'm so jealous you're from the south....SO JEALOUS!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED this! makes me want to do it, haha. I love corn hole! And I think it is so funny that Gracie loves for you to get outfits out of her drawer- Pancake hates to wear clothes. And I love the whole date things, I think that is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI love reality t.v. also.
ReplyDeleteI am an Amy and I am also left handed.
What is your middle name? If you say Lynn I will just fall over. Mine is spelled Lyn though. Yeah on your 100th post.
I was with you through football season
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 100th post! And the treat your Hub made you looks super yum.
ReplyDelete