Saturday, July 17, 2010

Long Locks and Shred Update

The difference 6 months make...
First picture taken Jan 2010
Second picture taken July 2010

My hair is getting so LONG!!

One thing that has always been on my bucket list is
donating my hair to "Locks of Love"

Looks like I am well on my way!

***
30 Day Shred Update:
Day ?! whatever: I have been emailed a couple of times about where I am in progression of the Shred. Well, the Shred fell apart the other day and I missed a couple of days in a row. Since then, it has been really hard to start doing it everyday. I am trying to get motivated again to do it.... I have been doing zumba 3x week and walking everyday but that is all. The "diet" is what is killing me. For me, summer means ice cream and birthdays and REALLY bad food. I am trying my hardest. I have "officially" lost 5lbs and am down a size in my clothes (WOOO) - so I am trying my best to stay motivated. Thanks for all the support - I couldn't do it without you guys!


22 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I think you look great with long hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome to donate to Locks of Love. I think that it has to be 10 inches of hair that you can cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job! I am trying to donate my hair to locks of love too! I just don't know if I can make it to keep it that long!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great long, and you definitely look thinner in the second photo! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous..I wish my hair would grow that much in 6 months! It takes FOREVER for mine to grow! Such a good thing your going to do by donating to Locks of Love! Girl, congrats on attending Zumba 3x a week! That's such a fun but hard workout! You can do it! Keep up the hard work :) Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the long hair, it's pretty! I vote keep it, but you know, I have long hair so I'm biased

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous! I can totally tell you have lost weight! Love the hair too! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the hair! And 5 pounds lost? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great and it looks like you lost weight between the two pics, too! I bought the Shred two weeks ago but haven't started yet. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can tell that you've been losing weight, you can see it in your face! And long hair is a good look on you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks great! I've always wanted to do Locks of Love, but I've highlighted my hair before, and they need "virgin" hair apparently. Hurumph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that you are such an amazing person.. You are a great Wife, and a hard working student. You amaze me with all of your goals.. I do love your hair. I am growing mine out.. I know you worked hard with the shred for sure and will do so.. You have already done a great job and lost weight and that is wonderful.. Have an amazing day.. You are a very special person to me.. You so rock Amy..

    ReplyDelete
  13. 5 lbs lost and you're down a size? Can I be you right now? haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what fast growing hair you have!! I was just telling another blogger this the other day...my oldest daughter donated her hair to Locks of Love when she was 4 years old:)

    By the way, in your recent picture your face looks a lot thinner...so you must be doing something right! You're beautiful no matter what though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair is getting really long! It looks so pretty! And you can totally tell that you've lost weight from the first picture. It's easy to get off of The Shred (because Jillian is a torturer haha), but don't get discouraged, because it looks like you've been doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look BEAUTIFUL girl way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can most definitely see your progress! Kudos to you girl! And I like the long hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look awesome! I love the long hair! I plan to donate mine to locks for love also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That so funny. I just did a post on Sat. about my Locks of Love donation and a VLOG about it today! And I reallllllly need to start Shredding again. Jillian is mad at me. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow your hair is long! I just got all mine cut off on the weekend. Have you decided on a haircut when you do get it all chopped off?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look thinner in your new picture! Congrats to you! I need to do SOMETHING soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay! I'm doing the same thing. Want to join my quest? I'm getting 10 girls together to donate their hair in October!

    Here's our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ten-Inches-for-the-Cure/113721288649093#!/pages/Ten-Inches-for-the-Cure/113721288649093

    Do you have you 10" of hair already? I'm still growing...patiently growing!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.