Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blown Away

Tornados are touching down everywhere in the Carolinas today.  I hear on the news that one has touched down right near my parents house so I call my mom to make sure everything is ok....

Me (calling Mom): ring ring

Mom (answering phone): AHHHH!!!! HELP!!!!! I'm being swept awayyyyyyyyy!!

Me: MOM!?! Are you OK!?!?!

Mom: hahahaha... yeah, I'm fine... just had about 100 phone calls and decided to start playing with people. Did I fool you?!

Me: NOT FUNNY!!


Hope everyone is being safe out there!!



16 comments:

  1. These are some bad storms for sure.
    We live in North GA.
    It's not raining at our house, but it's all around us. I hear the thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sure that is NOT what you wanted to hear when she picked up the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so mean - I would have freaked out. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, this made me chuckle- not the tornado party, obviously. but your mom's answer to your call. thats totally something my mother would do... ah, mom's.. i guess it's only fair after what we must've put them through growing up, right? stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were just visiting my family in the Chattanooga, TN area, and there were several tornadoes there too. We actually had to stay another night because of it. Hope you guys stay safe, and I'm glad your family is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope nothing bad happens. I would freeze and pee in my pants if I would have to face a tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...your mom cracks me up!! It is crazy windy here today too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't had any warnings near us yet, but dang it's hot and sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There were tornado warnings here in MI yesterday, and my kindergartener had to spend the whole morning crouched down in the boys bathroom! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol your mom is the best ;-) glad everyones safe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you are awful, for shame! (Heh, heh.) We also have the nasty stuff, and today the winds are just wild.

    You stay safe too!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute story. Your Mom has a fun sense of humor. Tornados are scary and I hate severe thunderstorms which we got a lot of when we lived in Northwest Iowa. The wonderful thing about living by Lake Superior is somehow the lake protects us from severe weather. Hope the storms subside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh, scary!!! I have never seen a tornado!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The storms are so scary!! Hang in there and hold on tight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol your Mom always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mummy is baaaad. :3 *snicker* hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.