Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Flashback

Wanna see me as a 16 year old?

(Left to Right: Nana, me, Parents)

And in the background is my 1st car - a 96' Hyundai Accent in BRIGHT TEAL. 

We called it the "green machine".

Not sure what possessed me to pick out such a BRIGHT car -- it was great when I was 16 but by the time I was 22 (and still driving it) I was ready to have ANY other color in the world.

What did you have as your first car? Did you like it or loathe it?


17 comments:

  1. Aw, you're super cute! My first car was a 79 Ford Mustang - not a cool one either!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo - you are so cute! I still drive my first car; it's a red '97 Mazda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, my first car was a '93 Chevy Corsica, in ugly bluish gray. It had lots of problems, and didn't like to go up big hills, and I hated it. My parents bought me a newer car when I was in college so my sister could have the Corsica (which she drove for ANOTHER 2 or 3 years or so ... she named it Tyquasia because "it had character.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how cute you are!!! awww. and that car is way better than what I drove. I had a fugly brown chevy celebrity that an old lady used to drive! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. my first car was an 85 ford tempo. It was a cute car but was a lemon and always broke down.. No fun..

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL oh my the memories I had a Teal 1986 Z28 Camaro with T-tops and boy I rocked that car... told ya I was redneck :+)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine was a royal blue (with sparkles in the paint!) VW Jetta. Best first car, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a Buick Skyhawk 1988.
    I had it for almost a year and had an accident (black ice) and had to declare it total loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it!

    I had a Geo Prism not sure what year but I loved it soo much! I only had it for a year because it got totaled not my fault FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute picture! My first car was a white pontiac sunfire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol...We had a 93 Toyota Tercel that was that "ice green" (i called it :) ) Boy it WAS bright! Look at you! Oh my! Old pictures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, love the photo.

    I hated mine, though my definition I should have loved it! It was a sterotypical "blond 16 year old birthday present": a silver 2 seater mazda miata sports car. It was kind of a pity present from my parents. lol. They had promised me we wouldn't move anymore, and then ended up moving me across the world my junior year of high school, right before my 16th bday. I think they felt guilty. :)

    It was gorgeous, but totally impractical. I was the only one with a license, since in NZ you have to be 18, but I had a US one so I could drive. But I could only take 1 person with me!! So it was no fun and I never drove it. Took the public transportation with everyone else. :)

    And I sound like a spoiled brat. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My color was just as bad. My first car was a shiny, lavendar 95 Ford Contour. Ha! Thankfully I only had to drove it for a year and a half before it died.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're adorable. :)

    I still haven't had MY first car and I'm in my mid-2os. lol. My husband's car is now "our car." I wish I had my own car. :( Boo..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Mine was a new Honda Civic, also a bright greenish-teal. I did love it (and it's a good thing because I drove it all through the rest of high school, college, and law school) until I got my "good" job when I bought a new car. But my 1997 Honda still runs and my parents have it as a "spare".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, look at how cute you are in that picture!!

    My first car was a Plymouth Reliant station wagon with wood on the sides. For real. I hated it.

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.