Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Beyond Ready

So now lets get up to date.

I am in summer school right now and we are studying pediatrics.

Soon enough I am going to have to decide where I want to do a practicum.  I can basically pick any area of the hospital and pick a nurse to "shadow" for 1 month.  I have no clue where I am going to end up.  Areas that I have enjoyed the most:

*Mother/Baby
*Labor&Delivery
*NICU
*Post-Surgical - orthopedic floor

So who knows... I may pick one of those places or may end up somewhere new altogether.   All I know is I am BEYOND ready to graduate and get out of nursing school!!!

Let's hope these next 6 months (err, 5 months and 25 days... but who's counting??) fly by!!

In other Walter news:
  • Justin and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary on 6/7/11
  • Gracie turned 6 on 6/8/11... since we were gone most the day, she decided to throw her very own birthday party... looks like she had fun too!
  • We are soon taking a Walter family trip -- ALL of the Walter's... we haven't all been together in... well.... 3 years I guess.  So this is a big deal.  We are heading to Denver, Colorado.  Any suggestions on fun things to do or see while we are there??



7 comments:

  1. Wow, Gracie really did throw her own party!!

    No matter what you choose - you'll be an awesome nurse. I do hope that you shadow a nurse that you can really learn from and will help you through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your anniversary!!!

    happy belated birthday to Gracie. look at that face, how can you be mad? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 3 years we just had our three year 4/19 :o) Missed your blogs glad to see you back for now... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your anniversary and welcome back!

    My hubby and I recently went to Denver so I could attend a conference (yay lol). We discovered a great restaurant called Crepes & Crepes. It is delicious! My parents went to Denver this past weekend and ate there and said it was great too. I think it is the most wonderful place I have ever eaten...I hate that it is about 6 hours worth of flying away! It is a small little French-inspired restaurant. You can sit at a table or at the counter and watch them make your food. It takes a bit to cook the food, so do not expect it to come right out. If you do go there, please let us know. I am interested to hear others experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're going to Denver, Colorado this December - but we're going to go snow skiing! When will you guys be there?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was a nurse I would want labor/delivery and help women give birth the ole natural way :)) I had am AMAZING labor/delivery nurse who I valued so much, I send her pics of the baby still. And, When I went to visit a friend, I saw her and we hugged :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy {belated} anniversary!

    I wish I had some advice for Denver. I've only been once and it was when we were driving cross country last summer. We did stop and see some of the Olympic trial sights though which excited Cody. ;)

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.