crying my brains out... :(
via Social Beat
I had a lot of responses asking what was wrong and I never really replied to anyone.
I was having a bad day.
After coming home from an exhausting (but fun) girls trip to the mountains.... I saw that one of the doors into my house was standing wide open. I could vaguely hear the alarm inside beeping as though it had gone off.
I was scared.
I was alone.
My husband was away for the rest of the week.
I called the police... they sent two cars right away....
The police walked through the house and checked every nook and cranny and found nothing.
I was relieved but not convinced.
Had someone been in my house? Did they hear the alarm go off and leave?
I was a mess.
I had put on my facebook status that I was out of town. I know I shouldn't have done that.... Did someone I know try and break into my house?
I cried all night and didn't sleep a wink. I was blaming myself and having a major pity party.
I was reconsidering facebook... reconsidering twitter... reconsidering blogging. Do I put myself out there too much? I am not exactly anonymous.... I still don't have an answer for any of these questions.... but....
I was reconsidering facebook... reconsidering twitter... reconsidering blogging. Do I put myself out there too much? I am not exactly anonymous.... I still don't have an answer for any of these questions.... but....
I am better now. I have been a little more paranoid lately but am doing ok.
Have you ever had this happen to you? It is definitely one of the scariest things ever....








Oh my land Amy! I'm glad you're OK. I didn't see your Twitter update so I didn't know something was wrong. Glad things were OK.
ReplyDeleteIt's scary to put yourself out there though, for people to know. Maybe just talk about your trips on FB when you're back & have fabulous photos to share? ;)
Oh that is so scary!! I'm sorry Amy :(
ReplyDeleteWe had something like that happen a few weeks ago.... Hus and I were out and the daughter came home, front door open, alarm going off and thought nothing of it. She thought we were out back or something.... She called when she realized we were not at home and I had her go to a neighbor's house.... They came and did a clean sweep through the house.... nothing.... Thanks goodness. It is scary, glad it all worked out for you!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I'm glad you're ok.
ReplyDeleteOh - so scary! I would have reacted and felt the same way too!! Glad nothing was missing or that nothing happened - hope you continue to feel better!! :)
ReplyDeleteYes this happened to me as well. I slept with a knife for a month and finally decided to move out, I just couldn't stand it. But I was living in a very very bad neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry, I know that is so scary! We got broken into in May. I hope that you are feeling better now. I know its unsettling....
ReplyDeletewow Amy! how terrible. I would have been just terrified as well. I hope that you can relax a bit now.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. THat is so scary.
ReplyDeleteI never put when going out of town until we get back...but you would like to think the people on your fb are friends...
Good think you had an alarm and just be more careful and dont say when you guys are away and dont mention where you live...
That is scary...glad you are ok. We left our cat in our house once when we left and when we got back he was outside. It freaked us out too, but we checked everything and decided he must have run out with us as we were leaving. Its a very unsettling feeling though.
ReplyDeleteThat would scare me to death. I see you have a yorkie, too. I love mine to death, but my yorkie baby wouldn't be able to defend the house.
ReplyDeleteOh how scary! So glad you are ok!
ReplyDeleteI've considered ditching some social media, because of stuff like this- but I have decided just to be careful about what I post and where.
I sometimes use foursquare, for the coupons, but I check in when we leave the place instead of when we get there.
Aaron went away last week and I didn't blog about it yet- but he's back now, so I feel safe to talk about it now- stuff like that :)
That is so scary - I'm glad that you're OK! We've never been had that happen to us, but my poor sister's apartment was broken into when she came to visit us in New Zealand. The bums had the gall to use one of her suitcases to load stuff in her car... and then they left the suitcase inside the door! They also stole her 24 pack of soda. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteOh my goshhhhhhh! I'm so sorry, Amy. I would have been terrified, too. I'm quite certain I never would have shut my lids at home alone.
ReplyDeleteI think your reaction was normal. I had a panic attack one time about my blog. It was back when I first started blogging - I had someone start following that I didn't know.
I was JUST blogging about family things so for me, that was very overwhelming. Now I've just learned that it's ok to blog and share my life, but there's only certain things I should share.
Be safe! :)
Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry. I will tell you a few years ago we had our house broken into. I was working and going to school. Gene works insane hours...I came home to our back door wide open...and OF COURSE we forgot to set our alarm. I will tell you I am VERY CAREFUL now on what I put on FB. I went through and deleted people I didn't know really well. Twitter I wasn't as concerned but do what you think is best for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so very thankful nothing was taken and no one was hurt. *hugs*