Friday, May 15, 2009

Fun on the lake

So last weekend was mother's day. We went to the lake where my brother lives for lots of fun and food. Although everyone couldn't make it, we still had a blast.


I got my mom a mother's day present from Etsy. This is the first time I have ever bought anything from Etsy and I was VERY VERY impressed by what I received.

This is a gorgeous forget-me-not necklace made from REAL forget-me-not flowers. You can even pick the sort of chain you want the pendant to go on. Please check out this seller, Botanical Creations... you will NOT be disappointed. She makes tons of things from flowers she grows in her garden in Washington State. The picture does not even do it justice...

My mom gave me a forget-me-not paperweight when I went away to college (even though I only "went away" 10 minutes down the road). She said she didn't want me to forget about her or where I came from. Ever since then , we exchange forget-me-not items back and forth. This was the perfect gift to give her and I was so pleased with the item I may get one myself!


2 comments:

  1. The lake looks like SO much fun! I love riding on the tubes! And, Etsy is AH-may-zing. Yes. That good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love tubing! It looks like you had lots of fun!! And I love that sweet gift you got for your mom. How adorable that you exchange forget-me-nots!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.