So, as you know I got into nursing school.... well along with that I have a TON of shots/vaccines/titers and other such fun things to get before I can attend nursing school in August.
I was poked and prodded for most of these things during CNA school but had to go back today to get my 3rd does of the Hep B vaccine. So on Friday I call and make an appointment with my primary care doctor.
The receptionist: "Anytime on Monday will be fine... what is good with you?"
ME: "Well, how about 10am?"
Receptionist replies, "Sure... we'll see you Monday morning around 10ish"
10ish... ok... maybe this should have been a clue...
So, I show up today at 9:55am. I am a firm believer on showing up on time to everything. I hate being late. I sign in and sit down with my book that I have read at least 5 or 6 times.
ANYWAY.... I finish my book (granted I only had about 40 pages left) and they still haven't called me back.
Finally around 11am they call my name and escort me back to a room. They then explain they cannot find my file....
Nurse: "So will it be under DALTON (my maiden name) or WALTER (my married name)"
ME: "Well I am not sure... I have this problem everytime I come here... I believe you guys still file it under Dalton but I am not sure why" (Yes, I am getting a little annoyed by now)
Nurse: "Ok, I will be right back"
30 MINUTES LATER......
Nurse: "Well, I found a AMY WALTON born in 1975... is that you?!"
ME: (blank stare) "um, no... that is not my name and I was born in 1982".
Nurse: "Well, we will find it later... but it turns out we don't have the Hep B vaccine... we wrote you a prescription to go to the pharmacy to pick up a vial of the vaccine... you can go pick it up and bring it back to the doctors office and we can then administer the vaccine to you"
ME: (blank stare -- thinking WTF?!?!?!?!?) "um, I really don't get it... I have never even heard of such a thing but I'll try"
It is now 12pm....I head over to the pharmacy and try and explain to them what is going on... they have to call 3 people over.. then explain I will have to pay for this vial.. they can't tell me how much it will be... I feel the tears coming on... not sure why... I grab my prescription and leave after saying some choice words to the pharmacist.
I then go to Employee Health over at the hospital where I work... they have me in and out in 15 minutes... no charge... why didn't I think of going there in the first place?!!
MY DOCTOR IS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!







Ugh, doctors are the worst, it's like how much do they really do in a given day.
ReplyDeleteYou should've thrown a fit, I, ummm... hear they are quite effective ;)
Um...this is ridiculous. Seriously.
ReplyDelete