Monday, July 6, 2009

Pop a Lock

So yesterday I was sitting upstairs looking through my Reader when the following happens:

my husband yells up at me and says, "Amy, your car is making a funny noise. I think maybe a bee is caught inside and is dying or something like that".

me: "a bee? dying in my car? um, ok???... where are my keys?"

husband: "I don't know, couldn't find them"

So I walk outside to my car and lo and behold... there is no dying bee in my car... I locked my keys in my car in the ignition and the "dying bee" sound was the sound of my car battery slowly dying.

So I don't panic... of course I have a spare key. Oh wait...then I remembered I left it in my glove compartment for some unknown reason.

That's ok... I knew I had an extra keyless entry thingy... but of course after trying it out, I realize the battery in the keyless entry thingy is dead.

Well, next step is to go pick up a new battery at the store. Well apparently it wasn't the battery... the stupid keyless entry thingy was just BROKEN.

So I call up "POP-A-LOCK" (which I picked out of the yellowpages because I thought the name was cute) and they graciously came and opened up my door for $60.

Thanks Pop-a-lock... and I am glad no bees were hurt in the process.

UPDATE: Katie at My First Year as a Wallace is a genius... apparently the keyless entry thingy (or as Katie calls it "the popper") was not broken afterall. If you leave your keys in your ignition in your car it won't work... but as long as your keys are not in the ignition, it works... who knew?! Thanks Katie for being a genius!




10 comments:

  1. Oh man, locking your keys in the car is the worst feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your keys being locked in your car, but it did make for a great post! :)

    So happy you stopped by my blog and entered my giveaway!

    We heart Twilight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of Pop a Lock; have to see if they offer something like that here; we are members of AAA but you never know when this could come in handy. My 20 y/o seems to lock his keys in his car often; not sure what is up with that

    enjoy the day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, that is crazy. You may want to try your keyless entry (which I call "the popper") again. I've locked my keys in the ignition (not running, just in the ignition) but the spare popper didn't work. Its batteries weren't dead but it wouldn't work with the keys in the ignition. Its worth a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking this wasn't going to turn out good, but I'm glad it all worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying bees, huh? LOL Alrighty then. Glad you got your keys out finally. Locking them in the car is a horrible feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you sounded so calm through all this! i would have been freaking out! i don't react well to things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pop-A-Lock 41 states 103 cities across the US. Also provide a free service when a child is locked in the vehicle. Called EDU emergency door unlocking.
    www.popalock.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm am the director of operations for Pop-A-Lock HQ in Lafayette, La. Thanks for posting about your experience with us. We are sorry that you had a bad day but glad we were able to help. We have a partner company called www.keylessride.com they sell replacement remote transmitters for usually much less than the dealership. If the device needs to be programmed we often provide that service after someone order a remote but many remotes are 'do it yourself' and keylessride.com send the instructions.

    Hopefully this will save you some money on a replacement!

    We really care about our customers, not just lip service in advertising. Thanks for helping us spread the word :)

    Rob

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.