Friday, August 28, 2009

Ebay Drama & Mouse Update

I recently purchased some Lilly items from Ebay. I have been anxiously awaiting their arrival... but today I received this message from the seller:

Good afternoon! I am sorry to say I did an OOPPSS!! I sent someone else your items by accident and I probably sent their items to you! Getting old is no fun! Anyway please let me know when you receive the items they are an off-white cardigan/shell set...I will reimburse you and the other seller via pay-pal to ship to the other buyer she has already contacted me saying she has your items! So I will wait to hear from you to get an address to you if that will be alright! Thanks so much!

Now I remember why I stopped shopping on Ebay.

The question is... when/if I ever receive my item, what sort of feedback should I give the seller? I mean this is a huge inconvenience. Not only to have to wait double the amount of time to receive my purchases... but also have to find time to take this other person's stuff to the post office... ARG! What would you do??

And on the MOUSE front... no news yet! Thanks so much for all of the advice! I think I will be going with the nice humane "set mousey free" option... Unfortunately my hubby is still out of town (until Sunday night) and I am scared to death to trap the mouse by myself! I am in nursing school and can deal with any sort of bodily fluids you throw at me.... I won't pat an eyelash... but throw a little mouse at me and I go running like a little girl

I did clean out our pantry because my mom said they will go in there to find food. She said IF I have mice most likely I will find more "droppings" in there... Well, no more droppings were found, THANK GOD! So I have halfway convinced myself that the mouse droppings inside/underneath the washer were in the washer when we bought it... maybe?!? Here's hoping....


15 comments:

  1. hmmmm, well, the good thing about Ebay now is that there's no negative feedback for buyers, so no retaliation regarding feedback. I would be a little irritated at that seller's flippancy...oh, oopsy! silly me sent your stuff to someone else...I look at feedback as letting future buyers know the truth about a seller because that's why I read sellers' feedback when considering a purchase. I just try to be honest for that reason when I leave feedback. I stick to the facts, no belittling the seller or anything like that....hopefully this helps, sorry to ramble! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yay, thank you for choosing to treat mousey the humane way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Just stopped by from SITS. I think if I didn't need the items right away, I'd forgive the seller. But maybe I am just saying that because I am old too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say - I've never heard of something like that happening!! At least she's trying to make it better, but it's still annoying and not at all professional.

    I hope you'll post pictures when you get all of your Lilly items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. About Ebay, guess it's an honest mistake - but very annoying. I wouldn't be thrilled to have to send this other person their stuff. I wouldn't give her the highest score, that's for sure. I don't even like making time to take my own stuff to the post office and now you'll have to do it asap so this person gets their stuff. Yep - wouldn't be happy.
    Ps...hope you get the mice. We have them too, but thankfully in the summer, the snakes that live under our porch get the mice. Nice - huh! I want to move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd forgive the seller and still give positive or neutral feedback. People do make mistakes and she is giving the shipping money back so I don't think I'd leave negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a pretty forgiving person so I think I'd do what she's asking, however it's totally fair for you to post an honest review/feedback (but not snarky or anything)...I'm sure buyers that shop there after you would appreciate it.

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just had to leave a comment for you because of your wonderful blog ! I've really enjoyed reading your interesting and creative posts, and you have fabulous pictures as well. Best wishes and thank you for sharing them all ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would forgive her, because I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but you DO need to be completely honest on your review. That's why those are there. Other people can read them and make up their mind about how they feel about the situation. You know? Best of luck though! That's a tricky situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy what a mess, I mean it's great she sent an appology but I'm with you what a pain! I think I would give an ok comment with a note. Sorry not a lot of help ;(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope he is gone. I do not like mice. I scream when I see them in my house. We had them in the basement at one point. It was gross and now they are gone. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I'm sorry about your troubles. I've never bought anything from Ebay, but lately I've been hearing problems about the items being delivered. It's an honest mistake, but still incredibly irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did that once as the seller. I sent some boys shorts to the wrong buyer. I felt REALLY bad about it. They were used boys shorts though. They only paid a few dollars for them so I emailed the one I sent them to and said you can keep the extra ones I sent and I'm sending your correct ones today. I told the person who bought them what happened and refunded her money. She never left any feedback for me. I didn't want one to have to mess with sending the item to the other though...especially since it was my mistake. I will say this about your seller...at least she's trying to make it right. But I would be irritated with having to go to the post office to send the item to another person too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute blog!
    I would be much more forgiving if she seemed a little more apologetic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. man! what an ebay mess!! i think that's why i love the old school way of just going into the store and walking OUT with my purchase! so what did you end up doing?!!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.