"If you suspect that mice have taken up residence in a clean area of your house, lay down a sprinkling of talc to catch them in the act." Source: Ezine Articles.
I may try this tonight! Kind of makes me feel like a detective! Except I really hope I don't catch him "in the act". You can read about the Mousey drama HERE
Updates on Ebay Situation: Nothing to Report. I still haven't received ANYTHING (my stuff or the other person's stuff). So I am waiting and waiting... the other buyer received my stuff last Thursday. I don't know why her package hasn't arrived to me... for all I know the seller sent it to some unknown place that doesn't exist. You can read about the ebay drama HERE
And Finally since you ladies are so great at giving advice, (thankyouthankyouthankyou) I need some more advice. I have a male co-worker that keeps asking me out. He knows I am married and I have told him no every single time. The question is how do I make this stop without making work super uncomfortable? I have to see him a lot. Plus it isn't like a creepy thing, its just annoying. My husband says to file a complaint but I don't want to do that because I don't want him to get in trouble. Like I said, it's not creepy like a sexual harassment thing. After a long day he will just say, "Today sucked, lets go grab a drink". Am I too paranoid? Is he just being friendly? or?
Would love to hear your advice on this situation! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have been working all weekend at the hospital and being exposed to the swine flu. Say a little prayer for me that I don't get it too!







Hmmm... have you specifically said hey, so-and-so thanks for the offer, but I don't "go out" with other men because I'm happily married and I wouldn't want my husband to go get a drink w/a female co-worker even if it was innocent? Because if you have been really specific like that and he is STILL bothering you about it then I would have to agree with your hubby. If you haven't, then be more specific (in a nice way, of course) and see if it stops. :)
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the talc, although if you see foot prints you might get SUPER freaked out!
ReplyDeleteIn terms of the co-worker, maybe say something along the lines of "My husband and I are busy tonight but what about tomorrow. I will check with him and see if he's free." or something like that. Maybe he isn't asking you on a date, maybe he just needs a friend.
I think if you have said specifically that your husband wouldn't like you to go out for drinks with a man (or something to that effect) and he's still doing it, then you may have to file a complaint.
ReplyDeleteWe have someone at our office who is a billion times worse than that and people complain all the time about him (and nothing is ever done). I would hate for this guy to keep progressing just because he thinks he can get away with it (that may be the lawyer in me talking, but still). He should take the hint.
Alright...are you ready? Here's what I have to offer:
ReplyDeleteNext time he asks, be honest but nice about the situation. Remind him that you're married and because of that, you just don't feel comfortable going alone with him. Or, next time he asks, just say, "Sure! Let me call Justin and see if he can make it!"
Keep us updated...
I think that mouse thing my be fun. Let me know if you try it. I think he just wants to be your friend. You have told him you are married. I like what Jessica said. I would say thanks for the offer but I need to get home to my husband. Or like Jessica said have Justin come a long.
ReplyDeleteSo is he asking you to hang out as friends? A lot of coworkers do that. Or is he actually trying to start something? Your sense of propriety may be quite different from his.
ReplyDeleteDo the talc idea! Do it!
hmm, I wonder since he says, "it has been such a long day, let's go out for a drink" I am thinking he just means it in a friendly way. You should just tell him you are not interested because you are married and you do not go out for drinks or otherwise with men without your husband present. Just tell him it makes you feel uncomfortable, be honest and hopefully he will stop. He may not even know it bothers you. If it continues though then I would say something.
ReplyDeleteI'm just friends with a few of my male co-workers...but I'd suggest inviting along your hubby the next time you get unwanted attention from your co-worker.
ReplyDeleteI'd suggest the talc idea...but know that if Gracie licks the talc, you may have problems. Hopefully Gracie is more well-behaved than my "kids". :-)
Ask him when and where, and let him know your husband will be meeting up with you, too. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when you tell him.
ReplyDeleteI'm not married, so I don't really have exact advice in that way, but I do have a problem with guys who don't get the "picture". I'm single, and some feel that since I'm a certain age and don't have anyone, then I really can't be picky, and should go out with them. Ugh, don't get me started. I've taken to wearing a ring on my right hand that could sort kinda maybe be an engagement ring, and flipping it to my left hand when the asking gets out of control, so I look engaged.Usually works and then they leave me alone.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, it's not the same with you, since you've mentioned your husband, and still get asked. Some people are fine going out as just friends (I had a looong term boyfriend before, and yet while I was dating him, my best guy friend, who also had a girlfriend, and I would have movie dates with just the two of us). However, some, like you, don't feel that's ok, I tend to agree, since once you're married you shouldn't be alone.
This is all getting to say agree to go with him, and then invite your husband! If it's weird, then seriously file a complaint, because then it's getting out of hand.
Ok, and now I've written you a novel, so I'll stop. lol. :)