Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oh college....

This weekend is my 5 year reunion from graduating from Wake Forest University.

Because I will be taking a little trip down memory lane, I thought I would bring all of you guys with me.

Some things I miss about college are:

Toilet papering the "quad" after EVERY game we won

We completely covered the trees and the ground and made it look like snow
I feel bad for the poor maintenance people but gosh was it pretty...

The maintenance men always had it completely cleaned up by the time we woke up the next morning

I loved our chapel so much I decided to get married there to my college sweetheart

And we toilet papered each other after the ceremony




Every year around Christmas time we always had the Moravian Lovefeast. The idea is to share a common meal together to celebrate Christian love and fellowship. You need not be Moravian to go.

I also miss my friends and all the parties... especially the paint pen parties.. haha


Oh college... you passed too quickly...

But at least I get to have fun this weekend with old friends and share memories and stories of the "good ol' days"

Hope everyone has a great weekend!






21 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an awesome college experience! I never thought that toilet papering could make something look so beautiful! I can't believe maintenance was able to clean all of that up so quickly!
    p.s. the toilet paper with the little groom and bride....super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing you wedding pictures! Too cute with the toilet paper!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - the toilet papered grounds really is pretty. who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! Sometimes I miss college terribly! Wouldn't go back to that age, but love the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful college campus and fun couple too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I feel the same way about college and I think we graduated the same year. I miss it dearly, but boy, was it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow sounds like you are going to have a blast. Thanks for leaving a comment on my post about pregnancy and infant loss. I feel better when I talk about it. Please make sure that you check back tomorrow. We are going to have a guest blogger. Danielle from http://wyattnathaniel.blogspot.com is going to share her story and plead for help to get a birth certificate for her son Wyatt who was only with us for two min.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a beautiful campus and that TPing is amazing!! I really thought it was snow in the first picture haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute pics! and i love the tp idea at your wedding, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, you made me miss my college roomates! And, wow! Those poor maintenance men! They had their work cut out for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The toilet papering the tree was a brilliant idea and it definitely looked fabulous! And you married your college sweet heart in your college chapel? Oh! Now, that's a memory for a life time treasure!

    How envious I'm of you? I too had a similar wish but it never materialised!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, now how FUN!
    I had to study that pic with the TP, omg, poor maint. man! lol Looked beautiful though! Nice idea for a wedding too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you guys had a blast! I had some friends go back this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh man looks like so much fun! and that chapel is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, it does look like snow on the trees - who knew that toilet paper could look so pretty!

    And that chapel - it looks so gorgeous, no wonder you wanted to get married there. Your dress is beautiful and you two look so happy!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the wedding tp!


    PS Thank you for stopping by on my special day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that wedding picture with the toilet paper! And the courtyard covered in toilet paper is crazy!! Looks like you had so much fun in college!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is cute t.p. paper. I would love to go back and see some of my memories. Souds fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving your blog! I just started one of my own and would love for you to stop by.
    Eliza’s blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVED the chapel on our campus too. It just wasn't big enough. How awesome that you got married there!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.