Friday, October 9, 2009

Halloween Fun

Today I am participating in Amy's Round Robin. There are no real rules for Round Robin...just share something fun that the rest of the group would enjoy. I was going to use this super cute mold I won from Loving Life

To make these:

But the mold isn't here yet.

So instead I found some OTHER halloween recipes I thought looked like fun!

***
Spider Pretzels:


1. To coat a dozen doughnut holes, melt the white chocolate chips over low heat. With a fork, spear each doughnut hole and submerge it in the melted chocolate to coat it.
2. Stick a semisweet chocolate chip with its point cut off onto each doughnut hole, cut end first. Place the forks (handle side down) in a mug and allow the chocolate coating to harden.
3. Use a tube of red decorator frosting to add squiggly veins radiating out from the pupils.

***
Monster Paws:

Ingredients:

Clear plastic gloves (available at beauty supply stores)
Candy corn
Popcorn
Yarn

Directions:

Begin with washed gloves. Stick one candy corn at the tip of each finger, pointy side up, for fingernails. Fill the glove with popcorn. Use yarn to tie a bow at the wrist.

***

Bone Chillin' Brew:

Ingredients:
3 cups water
3 clear plastic gloves
3 rubber bands or twist ties
2 (64-ounce) bottles Punch Flavor JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice, chilled
1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, slightly thawed
4 (12-ounce) cans lemon-lime soda, chilled
  1. For Floating Hands: Pour water into gloves, adding enough water to fill the gloves loosely but not so full that the fingers will not move. Fasten gloves with rubber bands or twist ties. Line baking sheet with paper towels. Place filled gloves on paper towels. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
  2. For Punch: Combine Juicy Juice and lemonade concentrate in large punch bowl. Gradually stir in soda. Carefully cut gloves off hands with scissors. Float hands in punch.
***

Don't those look like fun!? I can't wait for Halloween!

Now head on over to Amy's to see what everyone else is sharing for Round Robin


**(all Recipes and Pictures taken from CooksRecipes.com or FamilyFun.go.com)**


22 comments:

  1. I love all of these treats! They all look like they would be relatively easy to make. It really makes me want to throw a Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! love the mold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love all of these ideas. I used the punch bowl ice at one of my party's last year - everyone loved them!

    Second, puh-lease look at this recipe. I've done it for the past two years. These cupcakes are adorable and you'll love them - super easy to make!

    http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/eyeball-cupcakes-94568.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. *parties


    That was going to drive me crazy if I didn't correct it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look fun! I want to make those spiders! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from SITS.

    That pumpkin mold is adorable. My son's birthday is this month and I've made pumpkin cakes in the past. I used two bundt pans to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. o, those look so fun! can't wait to try some of them.. love the pumpkin ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun! i love all of these ideas, i will definately have to try the spider pretzels this weekend!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing share. I want to make the spider with Alyce. Thanks for sharing such fun ideas. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend. Most of all I wanted to say Thanks for playing along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of these look like so much fun!!
    the mold to make the little pumpkins is my favorite, how cute!!

    have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the eyeballs. I will have to make those with my boys. They will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sooo non-domestic, but let me just say that some of these recipes definitely look like they're worth trying out! :) Too cute!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! :) So glad to have found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute ideas! I like the pretzel spiders and the eyeballs the best. I may have to have a Halloween get-together just so I can try some of these treats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How come it took me this long to find you! I love crafty stuff and sweets and your blog title rocks! woohoo...another follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent ideas! I need some grandchildren!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such great ideas that I know my family will LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, these are all excellent! The eyeballs have to be the best, we talked about trying them next weekend! Thank you for sharing all of these, and for stopping by our blog, you are too nice!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey girl, I love your blog. Thanks for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These all look great and like fun! It also makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh I love that mold!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm getting married on Halloween this year - I might just do those 'spider crackers' and the frozen hands for the punch at the reception! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.