I always look forward to this day because I know the weekend is almost here.
It's time for the THURSDAY TIRADE!
You guys remember "the rules" right?
This week I have spent cleaning, cleaning and doing some more cleaning.
Yesterday my in-laws came up from Florida for the night. They are on their way to Richmond, VA for the Buddy Walk (support for Down's Syndrome). You guys remember my super cute niece, Elizabeth that was born with Down's Syndrome:

Well her team (aka: "The Queen's Team") has raised $6780.00 for the 3rd Annual Buddy Walk in Richmond, VA on Saturday! We are sad we have to miss the walk but are so happy they were able to raise that much money.
Anyway, so the in-laws were here so I had to initially clean the house for them.
And on Friday, we also have a realtor coming to do an appraisal on our house. Yes, the Walter's may be moving... ok, probably not anytime soon... but a girl can dream right? (We did go look at houses this past weekend which was so much fun... but we are "just looking" right now).
So basically between in-laws and realtors all I have been doing lately is cleaning. And I HATE CLEANING!!
Especially when the hubby just comes home from work and starts throwing stuff EVERYWHERE... it makes me CRAZY!!!! I start getting the crazy eyes and a little steam may actually come out of my ears...
Having realtors come is way worse than just having visitors/guests come. Realtors actually NEED to look through your closets, garage, laundry room etc which are places I tend to throw "stuff" when I have guests coming over. Do you guys do that?? Actually I don't want to know... because if all of you guys are Martha Stewart-like it might make me feel bad... haha!
And a positive: the weekend is almost here.. and this weekend is HOMECOMING!! We are expecting approx. 100 people at our tailgate and are getting 120lb PIG to cook/smoke for the game. I will be sharing tons of pictures I am sure!
So you guys know the drill.... its your turn to VENT... write a post, grab the button, and link up at the bottom.








I love the button! So cute!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth is adorable! She is just so cute and it's great that so much money was raised!
ReplyDeleteI too, hate cleaning! I'm jealous of people who like it (or claim to like it). And yes, I love to "hide" things that have no other place to go, in the closet. Where else can I put it? When I know someone's going to be looking in there, well, that is just stressful!
It's so exciting that you might be looking for a new house, though, I'm sure that totally makes all of the cleaning worth it!
Oh your niece is just beautiful! Such a cutie! Fabulous fund raising! Yea!
ReplyDeleteI hate cleaning. I always end up with a sinus thing after I do a deep clean.
Your niece is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI hate cleaning too, and I used to get so mad when my husband would come home and put all of is "work gear" everywhere when I had been cleaning all day. (Now he is deployed but I'm sure it will be the same when he gets back.)
I'm following your blog now. Love it!
aw, your niece is a doll! yay for raising so much money!
ReplyDeletei would come help you clean ;)
i'm one of those girls that loves cleaning!
the homecoming sounds fun, i want to go to a pig roast!! look forward to pics!
Today is my cleaning day too...I haven't done anything yet! I've been so busy that the house has really been neglected. Hmmm...guess I should stop reading blogs and go vaccuum now!
ReplyDeleteThe cleaning thing gets worse when you're actually selling your house....it must be perfect for each showing. We had about 30 showings plus an Open House before giving up (it was right before the economy took a turn for the worse). I hated it, way too much work! But, I still want to move next year :-)
ReplyDeleteOoooh, your niece is so adorable! It's wonderful how much money her team has raised!
ReplyDeleteI will do this when I am back in town. I love tht your niece is going to have a great walk. Cleaning is something I am always doing. I hope you have fun at the game this weekend. Have a great day. I am doing my Round Robin tomorrow if you want to join in.
ReplyDeletefor some reason I like to organize, not clean. :) oh well! haha. well I take that back, I like to de-clutter. I cannot stand clutter but I hate dusting, sweeping etc.
ReplyDeleteHate. cleaning. so. freakin'. much.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, girl! I hate cleaning. I am the world's worst housekeeper. And my inlaws are coming this weekend. Maybe I can just throw everything in closets...?
ReplyDelete