Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sliding into First...


So you guys enjoyed my mom's email so much the other day, I thought you might also enjoy this email I received from my brother.

From my brother (who is an Assistant Principal at an Elementary School):

Okay, there I was minding my business working in my office. All of a sudden one of our secretary's is at my door saying "I really need your help, in a BIG way"... Okay, so what is it?

(SIDEBAR - as one of a handful of males working in an estrogen infested workplace, I am use to killing bugs, carrying heavy boxes, and having those 'boy talks)

So, she goes on to tell me that Johnny (name changed to save his integrity) needs help changing clothes

(SIDEBAR #2 - When boys wet themselves, I am always asked to oversee the changing process for liability reasons)

So, I get up from the work I am doing, planning to go see what size clothes Johnny needs. I walk out and little Johnny says "I had diarrhea" Wonderful! I then look down and see it dripping out of his shoe... SO...the counselor is hunting for clean clothes as I take him to the restroom to change.

We walk in and he takes his shoe off, and as we all do, kicks his foot to get the shoe off. However, at this point the shoe launches toward me and I proceed to do that dance you see cowboys do when someone is shooting at their feet. I don't recall if I screamed like a girl or not. Next thing I know Johnny is naked in the stall.

(SIDEBAR #3 - I now realize that I, a male, am in a restroom alone with a naked child....great!)

So, Johnny opens the stall door (still naked) and says, it's everywhere. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD...my eyes begin to water and I am tasting my pizza and wings from the previous nights dinner begin to inch their way up my throat! SO...I step out, take a deep breath of fresh air and return. Johnny wasn't kidding, he had crap from the small of his back to his toes. I request some wetwipes from kindergarten and begin handing them through the cracked stall door. The wetwipes are doing a poor job of removing the plastered crap from his skin. I begin wondering if a pressurewasher is going to be needed to help with the situation.

(SIDEBAR #4 - keep in mind we are minutes from dismissal)

SO, i continue to hand in wetwipes and try to coach in the crap removal process the best I can without looking too long at certain areas! The next thing I hear come out of Johnny's mouth will forever haunt me..."Mr. D, I can't get it off my penis, will you help me please" okay, so I had two options that came to mind, run away screaming OR (the one I chose), "Sorry Johnny, I can't help you, keep scrubbing" The announcements come over the loud speakers, so I encourage Johnny to scrub a few more areas and get his new clothes on because mommy will be here soon. He gets dressed and attempts to hand me the bag with crapped clothes and crap plastered to the outside of the bag. He hands it towards me and it just hits the ground because I don't reach for it.

Ah....the life in an elementary school!

So, the subject of this email should now make sense if you remember that childhood story that goes If you're sliding into first and you feel something burst.....diarrhea....


Haha, thanks for the laugh big brother!




28 comments:

  1. I could never have done that, helped at all. The poor kid and your poor brother. What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor brother. I think I would have been extremely sick if that was me. At least he can laugh about it now. This is just another example of why we need to pay our teachers and principals A. Lot. More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God! Ha!!!! I was dying the whole time. "Keep scrubbing buddy." LMAO. Fantastic. Sorry for your brother, but what a great laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! I'm so glad I never experienced anything like that when I was student teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I can say!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Rachel's blog...omg, that is just hilarious!!!! Is he considering changing jobs after that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! That wouldn't have been more hilarious if he'd tried! Oh my gosh. What a story. Seriously. Your brother needs to blog. That's too good. (Made me grateful I teach high school.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping over from Once Upon a Miracle. What a great story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the horror! I agree with Brittany Ann in that your brother seriously needs a blog!

    My SIL is a kindergarten teacher and has to deal with stuff like that all the time. I have a hard enough time holding back the vomit with my own kids. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy CRAP! ;) Yet one more reason I never plan to work with young children, and why I think teachers and principals don't get paid enough! Dealing with my own kids' messes is all I can handle. Poor guy... at least he was able to laugh about it later! I hope that kid isn't scarred for life now! :O

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just too funny. Your poor brother having to deal with that is probably traumatized and won't want to go back into that bathroom. Thanks for sharing, it gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That poor little boy. Your brothers take on it was way too funny... Gloves should be in his little box along with wipes..

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!! I needed that laugh; you're brother is a great story-teller!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH NO!!! that is TOOOOO funny!!
    your poor brother! and that poor kiddo! at least he is young, hopefully this will not haunt him or your bro forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!! TOo too funny!!
    Anyway can totally agree that I'm a mom - as i sit here eating my lunch as i read this post! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is too funny! I teach first grade and could so picture that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the morning laugh. Just goes to show that no matter how bad your day is, someone elses is crappier (sorry, couldn't resist).

    Founds you through SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for letting me know that my link isn't working. I would love for you to help me out seeing as I don't know the first thing to do in order to fix that! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I may have just thrown up in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Lord that was hilarious! Your mom's was too - and it's easy to see where you get your writing knack :)

    Still laughing about the bathroom episode (it must be potty week on True Story Tuesday? :)

    Thanks so much for joining in - this was a classic one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can not handle my own kids bodily functions most of the time, this would have set me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so "stinkin'" hilarious! I am trying my best to be quiet because everyone else is asleep. OMG. SOOOO FUNNY. Another reminder NOT to be a teacher, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh! This is SO FUNNY! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh. I don't think I could have kept the pizza and wings down. That is revolting and I do NOT envy your brother at all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting expreince with your brother. I think he should get some lesson from that.

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.