Friday, November 13, 2009

DIY Projects!

Today is Friday the 13th.

The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskevidekatriaphobia.
The fear of getting older is called Gerascophobia

I guess that means my dear sister-in-law may be dealing with both of these phobias today since

It's her BIRTHDAY!!!

I am not going to tell you how old she is but there is a rhyme that goes like this... "Lordy, Lordy.... Debra is __".


Happy Birthday Debra!!

*******


Since Thanksgiving is coming up soon I thought I would share a few "DIY" Thanksgiving crafts:

DIY Leaf Candle Votives
with a little bit of twine and some colorful leaves you can transfer your ordinary votives into pretty Fall decorations


DIY Placecards
Gather some pretty leaves and write on them with a paint pen.
You can write a sweet message or just a name.
Makes great INSTANT placeholders for guests!


Now head over to my friend Amy's blog (Keeping Up with the Schultz Family) and see what other ideas people are sharing this week


21 comments:

  1. Your sister is going to kill you! Oh man, that made me laugh!

    Love the fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to her!!

    P.S. I left you an award, go check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Debra!!!!

    very cute crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your sister is just beautiful! happy bday to her!

    i really like these simple ideas with leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little something on my blog for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so neat. You could so use those on your table for Thanks giving. Love this idea. Thanks for playing along. You rock. I hope your tests and papers are going okay...

    Oh Happy Birthday to your Sister...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a simple and cute idea! Leaves are something that are never in short supply here!

    Happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your sis-in-law! Cute idea with the votives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute, i like the leave placecards! I might have to borrow this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! (both the SIL and crafts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Happy birthday sissy!!

    Cute fall decor ideas. Now I just need to live in a place where the leaves change color so I can use them in projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday your SIL!
    love the leaf ideas for turkey day!!
    there are not many leaves, if any, left around my area.

    hope you have a great weekend hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Debra.

    I love the writting on the leaves. We don't have any currently around my house here in California but I have some paper ones from Hallmark last year. I think they will work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love than candle holder!
    Happy Birthday Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Fall decorations! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you're having a great day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Debra!!

    Those votive holders are adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, thank you!!! I am always looking for a cute place card way to set the table for Thanksgiving, and you just gave me mine!~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Debra!

    Also, love the cute leaf idea. This is my first fall being back from Phoenix, and it is my favorite time of year. I missed the changing of the leaves so much when I lived in the desert! This idea is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lordy lordy....Debra looks great for.....well, her age :) haha

    LOVE the fall decs! my favorite season for decorations!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.