Friday, January 22, 2010

Scary...

I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to share this information... but I am (although I may be a little vague in my descriptions).

Yesterday I had my annual physical.

They found something on my neck that shouldn't be there.

Today I went for an ultrasound to check the back of my neck.

They did not really find anything (aka: no mass). Thank God.

They do not know what this thing is on my neck but are doing TONS of blood tests to try and figure it out. One thing everyone agrees on?

It's not normal.

Ideas at this point are all over the place.... and it is really scary

I may not have results of my blood tests back for a week

In the meantime I will be praying... a lot.

***

Even though my sweet accountant hubby is in the middle of busy season and working until almost midnight every night, he still surprised me with the most gorgeous flowers last night because he didn't want me to be so sad/scared...

He is the best.




50 comments:

  1. Oh no, that is very scary! I hope it turns out to be a big old nothing. On the bright side, those flowers are gorgeous!

    Stopped by from Follow Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I really wish we lived closer. My husband works late night also. We would have so much fun together. Your husband is way too sweet. I hope you feel better soon.. I love the gerber daisies. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very scary! My heart goes out to you! I found you through Friday Follow. Blessings and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh it will be okay!! Hang in there :) i'll be thinkin of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinkin' about ya! But I know you'll be a-ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great husband! I will b e praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just said a prayer for you Amy! Your hubby is a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it can be scary, but dont worry before you get any results, it could be anything. (I know it's easier said than done)
    You have a fabulous husband, does he have any brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((HUGS))), girlie! I'm thinking of you and hoping everything turns out ok. Try not to worry.

    Justin is such a sweetie. Those are beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything turns out ok. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it's nothing major. I'll be thinking of you. Think good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be praying for you to.
    I love the flowers!
    Gerbera daisies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no! Is it like a lump in your neck? I had one last year. I went to the doctor who reluctantly gave me some antibiotics, but he really wanted me to have it surgically removed even though he had NO clue what it was! Luckily, the antibiotics worked and the lump went away. Anyway, I hope you find out what it is and it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. praying for you too! what a terrific selfless hubby to put a smile on his face in the middle of his busy season!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure (and hope) you're just fine, but I do hope you find out soon so you don't have to sit around wondering!

    Those flowers are beautiful, they actually look a lot like my bridal bouquet at my wedding.

    Good luck and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh hun, you are in my thoughts....i will be thinking about you, keep us informed!
    so glad you have such a wonderful hubby :) his flowers for you make me smile as well.
    have a good night my dear! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope that you get some good news and that it is just a fluke and nothing big!

    Your flowers are beautiful...what a sweet guy!

    Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope everything is okay! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll be praying for you!

    Stopping by from Friday follow

    misadventuresofmomof3.me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck! Now following from the Friday follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Praying for you and hoping everything turns out okay. Love the pretty flowers - how sweet of your hubby! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. From a Friday follower, your hubby is a keeper. lucky you.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am sure that is scary beyond words and I don't blame you for being worried, because I sure would be too. I will pray hard for you while you are waiting for the results. Keep us posted and let me know if you need anything, you know I am close by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stopping by courtesy of Follow me Friday. I will be praying for you. Aren't wonderful husbands a blessing? Mine is sweet as can be, too.
    I'm hosting a giveaway if you are interested.
    http://tallysplace.blogspot.com/2010/01/giveaway-finally.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. hang in there girl, sending prayers your way! what a thoughtful hub you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't worry until you have something to worry about! My prayers to you. Here from Friday Follow - Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I hate the unknown and when there's not much of an explanation for it. Hope things are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Enjoy your weekend! I'm sure everything is going to be fine! {I know so much easier said than done} Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a Sweet Hubby!

    My prayers are with you! I know it's going to be hard but try and keep your mind focused on other things. I'll try and have Bean sooner to give you things to distract you with :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sending lots of hugs and love your way. Stay positive. Whatever they find, you WILL be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a sweet guy! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just stopped over from "In the Trenches" and then I saw your a Friday Follower! Ha, it's a small world. I'll follow once I send this.

    I just said a prayer for you. Oh, and the flowers are beautiful. Nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Now that's all jacked up..

    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hope everything turns out OK!

    Following from Friday Follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh NO!! Thinking about you and praying for you and hoping that thise positive results come back SOON!!

    Your hubs is TOO sweet. Beautiful flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, AMy, I am just reading this now!! So sorry to hear this. I know how scary this can be!! I freak out when I am told something is not normal at my normal dr appointments. I will pray for you and hang in there sweet gal! :)
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh no! Take care! Sending happy thoughts your way!

    And how sweet of your husband!! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my gosh! So scary! I am praying for you hun!

    And I had this happen to me once before, and it turned out fine, btw (my leg, not my neck, but same sort of thing.) Often, it's more scary because of the lack of knowing! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. omg, I'll be praying for you. I'm a little worried now. Please let us know as soon as you hear!

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh my goodness--I have catching up with blogs and only just saw this. I'm sure that is scary beyond words. I'm praying for you. Please let us know, if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thinking about you! I know that is scary situation.

    Such a sweet thing for your hubby to do!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh nooo! My prayers are with you and I pray its nothing and goes away ASAP! I Love gerber daisies what a great hubby! =D

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yikes, prayers being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my gosh, girl! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing! I will be praying for you in the meantime though :). I've had so many random things with my health that I know not to jump to conclusions. I've had lumps on my stomach that I thought for sure were tumors, and then they went away haha. Turns our they were just swollen glands!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Amy,

    I'm so sorry you're having to worry and be scared. I'll be praying for you and I hope that everything's just fine! I have been reading blogs and trying to keep up, but unfortunately my work computer has now decided that it's going to block them half the time, which really cuts down on my blog time, but I'm trying to work it out. I'm thinking about you, girly!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.