Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

In NC we usually only get one snowfall a year (if that).

Last night it snowed and we got about 6 inches (which is MAJOR).

EVERYTHING in town is shut down and probably will be for the rest of the week weekend.

But it is so worth it! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Gracie going out to inspect the snow...
She didn't really like it and was a little more comfortable in my arms
We do not have a sled so we used the top of one of these to go sledding with... haha
I made Justin try it out first...
(let me also point out that Justin is from FL and doesn't have ANY snow clothes... he is outside in the snow with CROCS on... hahaha)
Then I gave it a shot and it was sooooo much fun!!
Justin thought it was fun too!
Today we are going to make a snowman!

More pictures to follow!
To my fellow North Carolinians: be careful out there!!


23 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That looks awesome!! Out here on the coast in Wilmington, we're just getting a bunch of boring rain today. Boo! Enjoy your snowman and post pics! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Good luck with the snowman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo glad y'all are having fun!!! My parents in Matthews didn't get anything!! So weird. We got about 8 inches up here, but now it is sleeting. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year we got 144cm of snow (puke)
    This year aint so bad so far, but I am scared that mother nature is waiting for March and I dont want to have a snow storm on the day I leave for Cuba, the plane has to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahhahahaha you guys are TOO funny with the "sled"

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha so cute, we only got an inch of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I love it! Too cute! Hey love the sled , i would so use that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great backyard for snow!

    And I am totally cracking up at the fact that he is wearing CROCS out in the snow! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. We must be too close to the coast- all we've got is rain! In college we'd snag the trays from the cafeteria to use as sleds LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are awesome. Gracie looks so cute.
    I bet our Skye would love the snow, right now she is still a fearless puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun. Crocs will make you fall down in the snow.. Be careful. Have a great time with the snow. Ours is all melted and we got a little bit of snow today but it already stopped. I am glad you got it and not me..

    ReplyDelete
  12. we got 6 inches too!!!! no one believed it was really going to snow! yes the weather showed them haha! I cant wait to see you snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh amy those pics of y'all sliding were too cute!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just the cutest!!! I love how happy you were out there slippin' and slidin'!!!!

    I just find it so funny that you all shut down for 6 inches though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hate snow. hatehatehate. I can't wear cute shoes in it and it is wet and cold. I like dry stuff. I'm a northerner though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Watching people experience snow who don't usually get it is kind of like that whole "viewing the world through the eyes of a child" thing. The snow is here all winter, every winter and I just view it as a major pain in the butt. The idea of going out in it for fun would never cross my mind. I'm glad that you are enjoying your snow, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaa!! so cute!! little gracie was probably so confused! but she looked adorable :) and he wore crocs??? that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We just got a little bit of snow...it should all be gone by tomorrow.

    I love the Crocs in the snow....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like us in Texas! When it ices over ANYTHING here, everything shuts down. But, it's probably safest that way because people here just aren't familiar with HOW to drive in ice, thus creating chaos on the road.

    I love to see all of the fun you guys are having in the snow, but I must admit that I'm quite jealous! I'm sure that Dearest and I would be doing the SAME thing...only probably trying a few stupid things, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. YOu guys are so cute! Enjoy your snow storm (or maybe it has all melted by now?!?...)

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.