Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yesterday wasn't my day

So last night Justin comes home and I tell him about my embarrassing story in Ann Taylor. I then ask if he would like to see what I bought.

Justin: Sure

Amy: ok let me go get my bag. (brings back bag and starts holding up items). I bought a pair of shorts even though I know its not time for shorts but seriously they were only $4.88 (I AM NOT JOKING!!) plus they were 25% off -- they had a whole rack of them -- they must be from some other season and they just found a box or something. That means I spent less money on them than a starbucks coffee -- isn't that great??

Justin: aren't they a little big??

Amy: (blushes BRIGHT RED) um, no... they are actually exactly my size......... what do you mean are they too big?!? Do they look big?!? I can't return them -- it was a final sale!!!!

Justin: um, er, what I meant was... you are small and those just don't look like your size... um... you know??

and it's official folks -- I am going on a diet - NOW!


22 comments:

  1. Awww, don't worry, men are terrible at trying to pick out sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin and my husband need to start a club. My hubs says stupid stuff like that all time.

    Don't feel bad, honey. You are gorgeous, and all men are just stupid at two things: a) clothing, its selection and all that entails, and b) speaking in sentences that aren't offensive and actually make logical sense.

    Make him make his own dinner this weekend;) That'll show him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like when your sick and your husband folds the underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! This sounds like a conversation my husband and I might have! One year for Christmas, he bought me a bunch of things that were extra smalls. I was flattered, of course, but that is not my size! I guess he must have thought my size "looked huge" too! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband has occassionally said the same thing too, don't worry about it. I just ignore it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men are such lousy judges of size. At least he didn't say they looked too small for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad Bad Justin! Never mention any about your woman's size of clothes, just say that they are pretty and that you want her to try them on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Well, he knows he stuck his foot in his mouth, huh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golly. Men can sure say hurtful things when they don't mean to, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I left you a little something over on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For goodness sake, Justin! Didn't your momma teach you a thing or two?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fiancé said this to me the other day, after seeing size xxs petite in Ann Taylor Loft, "wow, they sure know how to make women want to shop here. I guarantee their XXS petite here is the same size as x-small or small in other stores." I told him "no, Im this size in other stores as well..." LOL Guys...they are better at just sitting in the "guy chair" in stores and keeping their mouths shut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! My husband has done similar stuff. Once, he bought me a pair of jeans for Christmas (first big no-no), and then he bought them a size too small because, according to him, the size on my other jeans looked "much bigger" than the size in the store. Ouch! He's since learned to NEVER buy clothes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure he thought he was giving you a compliment. It just came out wrong! Sometimes they just don't know what to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh men, they just have the wrong things to say sometime.
    my fiance calls me tubs the other day, just jokingly but of course i didn't take that the right way. i mean, what girl would?! ha!
    honey, i think you look fabulous! in all your cruise pics you looked great! :)
    p.s. i read about your shopping story, i'm sorry but that is kinda funny. don't be so hard on yourself hun. it was an honest oops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. :o( I think you look fabulous! All clothes look bigger when you hold them up and they aren't on your body.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Guys just don't know.

    They honestly don't.

    Bah!

    (he's in the doghouse...isn't he,Lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw :-( Don't take it to heart...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you pouted FOREVER and milked this...even though you know men just can't help saying stupid stuff. My husband comes home one day, holding up shorts BY THE ELASTIC, STRECTCHED OUT and says, "Um, I bought these for you but there is no way these are going to fit." me-why? "LOOK HOW HUGE they are!" I told him right then, Um no, don't you ever say that. I tried them on...they fit. THanks. That's the difference in girls and boys. Girls would NEVER hold up shorts/pants by the elastic STRETCHED OUT! Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha, this seriously had me laughing out loud! Too funny. Don't know what he's thinking though, you are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ugh men are awful... yesterday my hubs got back from a weekend away "hunting" and said I didn't even have time to miss you... what the heck does that mean? LOL oh well men are just well men.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahhhh. ME TOO!
    My husband bought me a jacket for xmas in size Medium. It was too small- likes too short and the arms were short. I took it off and said hmmm, this is a small medium. My husband's response was "Maybe you just need to admit you are no longer a medium and you are a large now"
    AND I Responded back with ATTITUDE- NO!!!!!!!!!
    I AM a medium. YOU JUST SHOPPED at the wrong store. I told Him I would return the jacket to THAT store, and BUY one where MEDIUM fit me.
    He tries to tell me it should not matter what the label size says. OH really buddy??
    Well, you are wrong. It does matter. It matters to me.
    It still made me want to to stop eating...that day anyway !:)

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.