Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is....

TODAY IS MY 1YR BLOGOVERSARY!!

I never dreamed I would make it a whole year (and still love it as much as I do)
WOOOOOHOOO!!!
HAPPY 1YR BLOGOVERSARY TO ME!!!!!


My stats over my past year
  • 365 Days since I started blogging
  • 308 Followers
  • 266 Posts
  • 6 Giveaways
  • 2 Bloggers I met IRL
So here is my list of how to make it through your first year of blogging:

1. Make sure you have a cute blog design (Thanks Jessica)
2. Post lots and lots (and lots) of pictures.
3. Comment on other people's blogs.
4. Don't be scared to be yourself.
5. Turn off word verifications -- they are terrible
6. Participate in blog carnivals/memes (or start your own)
7. Enter lots of giveaways -- free stuff is awesome!! Host some giveaways too!
8. Try to learn some basics of blog programming (is that even a term??) -- it makes your life so much easier!
9. Only tell your "real life" friends/family about your blog if you want them stalking you and NOT ever commenting! (hint, hint)
10. Post when you can. Don't feel like you have to do it everyday or even on a regular schedule.
And most importantly....

11. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

I thank all of you for making my past year such a great time. I know I will keep blogging for a long time to come! I can't wait to see what this next year will bring!


PS: Today is the last day to win my blogoversary giveaway!!! Click HERE to Enter!!


34 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy first year!!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! Congratulations of a year of having a terrific blog! I love your blog tips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Amy, you're the best and you're blog is definitely one of my all time faves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blog Birthday! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #9---so true!!!!

    Happy Blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats !! Wow mine is in August.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As one of MY first followers Im so happy you blog and Im so happy I discovered your blog. Happy blogoversary :)

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and here is to another wonderful year of blogging. Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Wahoo. Congratulations on a whole year of blogging. I enjoy your cheerful, upbeat tone. I'm glad to have run across your path. May your second year of blogging be fun and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogoversary. Your blog is fantastic. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY 1YR BLOGOVERSARY to yoooooouuuuu! Thank you for being such a good bloggy friend and customer. You're fabulous, dahling. Simply fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Wow, you have done a lot in a year! Ok, I'm going to turn off my word verification now. You've convinced me:)

    Ok...wait a minute. You have word verification on, what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!

    Good advice especially number 9 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogoversary!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Mine is coming up soon! In April! I'm not sure what I'm going to do for it, maybe a giveaway too!

    I might steal your idea a little. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy for you.. Can't wait to see what happens in the next year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogaversary!!!!
    Haha, I like #9. But all your tips are great and have definitely led you to a great blog! Here's to another year of great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!!! Next time you and J come up to Boston we have to meet up! I work right down the street from the Custom House!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for you!

    I totally agree with #9. I KNOW that I have some RL friends and fam that read...but they NEVER comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yea!!! Happy Blogiversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy year 1!! Hope many good ones are yet to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, and I just started not that long ago. So Happy Anniversary to you! Time to PAR-TAY!!!! That's so neat and thanks for alL the neat tips too! CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your anniversary and thanks for suggesting that people turn off word verifcation. I comment half as much as I would because I get hung up on it. Not even sure why people use it anyway. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have accomplished so much in ONE year!!
    CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well congratulations to you! Yea! *raises glass* here's to another 10!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know I am late, but HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!

    Very exciting!

    Also, the dog looks THRILLED :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late too... but I still like you and thought you should know! :) Happy 1 Year... that's SOOO fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love all the pics!!
    love that included gracie too :)
    she is such a cutie pie!
    yay for making it a full year!!

    i'm totally jealous of the winners! ;)

    hope you had a great weekend hun!!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.