Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All over the place

Besides studying, wanna see what else I've been up to lately?

Visiting the Lazy 5 Ranch where animals come right up to your car so you can feed them
Zebras and Llamas and Buffalo... OH MY!

Visiting "America's Largest Home", The Biltmore House in Asheville, NC
I haven't been there since I was 10 yrs old and it was so much fun!
There are over 250 rooms including 34 bedrooms, 42 bathrooms and 65 fireplaces
This week I'm on Spring Break but I will be spending most of it studying, writing papers, and getting caught up in school! No rest for the weary!


23 comments:

  1. That ranch looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow that's a GIANT house!!!! i want to come hang out with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! just wanted to let you know im so glad I found your blog. I have been trying to get into nursding school this year. glad I found a blogger that is in a program and talks about it. right now im a cna working at a rehab and nursing home. im going to start a lpn program this summer instead of waiting for a rn program. I figure I can do the one year rn program after that. look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love drive thru places like that where the animals come right up to the car!!!! We don't have any in Illinois that I'm aware of, but I tried to convince Josh to go to one if I can find one in a state that's close...he's worried the car would get damaged. pfffft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice break, and I hope you catch up with all of your work...That sounded like a fun time..!! Ive heard about Biltmore, but have never been there..maybe someday..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! Hope you get a break on your Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous house!! Very cool animals...but YUCK to having to study over Spring Break...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ranch looks so neat!! I love taking tours of homes like that! So cool.
    GOod luck with all that studying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the collages!! Fun Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have been to Biltmore and stayed a weekend there. So great. Love Asheville.

    Lazy 5 Ranch? Sounds fantastic. Am going to check them out. Thanks for sharing the info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We toured the Biltmore years ago and it was AMAZING! Loving your blog...Come over to GrannyMountain for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband's family lives in Asheville so I really want to visit the Biltmore but we've never done it!

    Yay for being on Spring Break! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy HUGE house...that is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so neat Amy... I use to go to a place like that when I lived in Houston it was so much fun. I know my little one would love this. I know you are on Spring Break but be sure to do something nice for you. Like read a great book or get a day of pampering.. You so deserve it.. Thanks again for the great giveaway..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all of your studying! Next time I go to Asheville, I'm going to the Biltmore!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, you got to Biltmore. I want to go in the summer to see it from a different perspective! Hope you get to relax a little during spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you get a little time to enjoy spring break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hope you are enjoying your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pictures of the animals are amazing, I bet my daughter's would love that! I would also love to go to that house, so fun!

    Enjoy your "break!"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like fun Amy! Try to enjoy the week in between doing all that work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck! Looks like you had fun at the Biltmore! It was so cold when we were there! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh! My sister and BIL went there a few years ago and I still have a bottle of fine wine they brought back for me!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.