Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stuff for Less!

Your Trash = My Treasures

So the other day I was reading through blogs and Angie was talking about buying books at Goodwill because they are super cheap.

I love to read.

I want super cheap books!

So I headed to my local bookstore Goodwill.

I found all kinds of books! It was AWESOME!

Right as I was getting ready to leave my eyes drifted over and what do I see in the womens pants department?

OH NO... that looks like LILLY PULITZER?!

I run over and find out these adorable Lilly pants are MY SIZE?

Well... no worries.. I rescued them and brought them home with me!

Lilly pants and 3 books for less than $10 = HAPPY AMY!

*****
30 Day Shred Update:
Day 14 for me / Day 3 for hubs: Ok, I do not usually believe in scales. I have never owned a scale in my life but finally the other day I bought one. Justin and I both weighed ourselves. Since that point Justin has lost 5.2 lbs. Me? Well... NOTHING! What the heck!? I do zumba... shredding... "attempt" to diet... come on weight.. go AWAY!!



14 comments:

  1. Good job!! I love a good thrifty score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, if you're like me, losing weight doesn't show up on the scales for awhile. Sometimes it takes me 6 weeks of working out & dieting before I see anything on the scale. It can be very discouraging, but I guess I just have horrible metabolism or something. Also, I've read a lot online (because I get discouraged) and you can lose inches long before you lose any weight. So, keep on keepin on, you'll see results! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't that hack you off? Men give up pop, lose 14 pounds. Women give up sugarstarchcarbstheirlife and lose 1/4 pound. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, men are annoying. But don't give up. The same things happens to me normally and I get discouraged because I don't get instant results and go off the wagon again. Keep working on it, it will be worth it. Great score at the Goodwill btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought to get books at goodwill but that's a great idea! You must post a pic of your new Lilly pants! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially because you're doing the shred, you CANNOT get discouraged by the scale. You will notice it in how your clothes fit and how you FEEL before you see it on the scale. That's because you're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat, or rather, replacing fat with muscle... some people especially women with low body muscle when first getting in shape GAIN weight, and THEN lose it. Once you build muscle your metabolism increases because muscle has greater metabolic requirements. Anyway, PLEASE read this and don't get discouraged: http://www.nwcrossfit.com/index.php/component/myblog/look-at-your-performance-not-your-bathroom-scale.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sp proud of you on the shred!! the weight WILL come off...it just takes longer for us girls (SO not fair!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great score on the Lilly! That's what I call a "shoparoonee!" Sorry about the shred, but keep your chin up. Rumor has it women take longer than men, but once it comes off, it comes off big! Keep it up, you're working so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never know what you'll find at the Goodwill!!! Keep up the awesome work with the shredding! I love reading your updates, its a great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your muscle is building. That's why. It'll show on the scale very soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love goodwill-type stores. They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how difficult it can be to see the scale show no change but keep up the good work - you will see a difference!!!

    Great finds at Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great finds. It the start I hear it is hard to lose weight but it will come off do not give up..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Show us the pants! Show us the pants!

    I've heard Good Will has a good find or two like that quite often. I might have to drop in!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.