Monday, June 14, 2010

We got SOAKED!

Its been awhile since I've play Mckmama's "Not Me Monday"... but this weekend gave me the perfect post for this meme.
Mckmama- Not Me Monday

So this weekend we did NOT decide it would be a great weekend to head out to a couple of local wineries.

The weather was beautiful. We did NOT have a care in the world.

I did NOT try to take some artsy pictures to show you guys because I was having so much fun.

We had NOT prepared the night before for a fun little picnic at one of the vineyards.

So right when we set up we were NOT surprised that the sky opened up and we found ourselves in the middle of a MAJOR storm with HORIZONTAL rain.

(not actual picture -- source here)

We did NOT get completely SOAKED from head to toe

and the rain did NOT destroy over half of our picnic food

Even wet, we did NOT let the storm destroy our day... and we did NOT decide to move the picnic to the inside of the car.

We did NOT end up going to Walmart and spend $120 together to buy new shirts, pants, shoes, and UNDERWEAR for all 5 of us to wear to the remaining wineries.

Our friends new "Ghostbusters" shirt did NOT become our new funny saying of the day...

When life throws you lemons, who are you gonna call?????? GHOSTBUSTERS!

What did you NOT do? Go to MckMama's to see other peoples posts.



12 comments:

  1. WOW now that's a Misadventure if I am have ever seen one... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That is so funny. That's some snazzy Wal-Mart clothing! :D

    I thought the pics were fabulous and very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that is awesome!! i mean not the rain part...but kind of...it really made such a great adventure! what a beautiful winery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just too cute and funny. Love the looks you found at Wal-mart..

    Great writing Amy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still laughing because I saw the title of your post and your first part about going to the wineries... and well, let's just say that I thought SOAKED meant something else here! hee hee

    Sorry you guys got caught in the storm! So funny that y'all went and got new outfits for the next winery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! At least you made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I would freak to be caught in the middle of a storm like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the Ghostbusters shirt. Awesome. That's too bad you got soaked by the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! I love that you guys made the best out of the situation -- seems to be when you have the most fun!

    And, OMG - your hair is getting SO long!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.