Another goal this year is to read at least 2 (non-school) books each month.
My first book was:
My thoughts at the end? I have no idea....
Has anyone else read this? What were your thoughts?
It's so sad and ends with so many questions unanswered. I wish there was a part 2. The author spent so much time in the beginning of the book explaining EVERYTHING and then the end was just so disappointing. My rating is about a 6/10.
I know there is also a movie... has anyone seen it? Thoughts?
Next book on the list:









I haven't read it or seen the movie. I will have to check the movie out. I just noticed the picture with Gracie in the swing ~ adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about the movie! I want to see it now.
ReplyDeleteyou might be interested in my book giveaway:
http://kathieatmykozykorner.blogspot.com/2011/01/awakening-giveaway.html
I will have to keep watching to see if you like it...looks good! I don't get much time to read but when I do i devour the books!!! :) I just got around to reading THE HELP...LOVED It & really did not want it to ever end!!! You have probably read it but if you haven't...it's a good one!
ReplyDeleteWow I love your book updates, looking forward to hearing about the next ones you read.
ReplyDeleteI really need to read more - I just haven't made the time.
I read that first book and watched the movie. The book is always better, in my opinion. The book really was an interesting read and I couldn't put it down. Another great book is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult!
ReplyDeleteI read The Memory Keeper's Daughter, I really liked it. Agree with you though, I wish there would've been more. It took a little while to really get into the book and then when it ended I was a bit bummed.
ReplyDeleteI started watching the movie on lifetime one day but stopped, I had the characters pictured how I wanted and didn't want the movie to ruin it, haha.
Haven't heard of the second book.
I couldn't agree more..I felt like I was left with so many questions. Good Book though. The movie didn't do it justice at all.
ReplyDeleteI've heard great things about the American Wife. I can't wait to read what you think about that one.
Non-school books, I'm so jealous!! I haven't read either, but they're in my When I Graduate wishlist on Amazon...lol
ReplyDeleteI have been Sooo bad at reading lately!! I do want to read both of these books though.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read either of these books, but sorry to hear that the first one left you hanging. 2 books per month is a great goals though! I should try it, too :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank you for the tip about the Domaine Carneros vineyard, it looks gorgeous!!
I also read The Memory Keepers Daughter and felt the same way. I felt like the ending was kind of blah when the whole start of the book was so compelling. It also gave me the creepies, though. Would people really do things like that back in the day?
ReplyDeleteI didn't like The Memory Keeper's Daughter at all. I was so disappointed in that one.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping that I can read more this year too!! I would love to read 2 fun books a month...we shall see. Now I have two more titles to add to my list :)
ReplyDeleteGood job on your reading - I haven't read either of those yet!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read either of those books, but American Wife looks interesting!
ReplyDelete