Today before class my instructor comes up and says to my friend and me "I need to talk to you ladies"
uh-oh.
She proceeds to tell us that while she was teaching the day before, "we were distracting her because we were writing a note back and forth". She says that, "not only were we distracting her but most likely we were distracting the ENTIRE class" and that "we need to stop and this CANNOT continue for the rest of the semester".
I look at "B" and she looks back at me with the look that says, "Is this lady for real?!" but we both say ok and she finally leaves.
Our class is 3 hours long. Halfway through we have a 10 minute break. By the break, EVERYONE in class knows about and/or actually heard the conversation between us and our instructor.
How embarrassing -- apparently I have regressed to kindergarten and am getting in trouble for stuff that I figure is WAY BEYOND my years.
I think it was a little ridiculous to get called out for something so stupid... especially in a class that half of the kids are on their computers looking at FACEBOOK instead of paying attention. I wasn't even writing a NOTE... I was drawing a PICTURE! The class is 3 hours long -- give me a break.
If I were doing bad in the class... sure, maybe you could make an example out of me.... but I have a 98 in the class.. if I want to take a few minutes out of the day to DOODLE then let me!!!!!
Anyone want to see the big "NOTE" that got me in trouble?
(I drew the dog and "B" colored in her nose and put the """ """ around her tail in pink)
This is what I get in trouble for?? Can't you find someone else to pick on?? How about the person in the BACK of the room that wrote on Facebook (during CLASS), "this lady seems nice but her voice is about to put me to sleep. for real"
UGH... life isn't fair...
End of Vent.








i'M SORRY - SOME PEOPLE CAN REALLY BE JACKWADS SOMETIMES!!! (HEHE - THAT'S MY NEW WORD - YOU CAN USE IT IF YOU WANT!) :)
ReplyDeleteLMAO Seriously? You are soooooo much nicer than I am! I would have looked at her like a jackass and told her to focus on teaching and I'll focus on learning. Afterall YOU are the one paying to be there right?
ReplyDeleteBut since its said and done I'd be sarcastic and let her know that her calling you out is what distracted the class - so much in fact that you heard about it while you were on break. TAKE THAT!
Hang in there!
LOL perhaps you should write a nice little note beside the picture and give it to your teacher next class ;) 3 hour class...shoot me!!
ReplyDeleteOkay wait a second...you are adults, paying for the class, if you choose to write a note during class that is your choice. Sure the instructor had a right to request that you don't pass notes (ugh that sounds so juvenile) but she should also realize that you aren't children that need to be chided. GAG!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, but I had to laugh a little. You were totally treated like a 5 year old! ..the nerve..
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry! I got treated like a 5 year old at work yesterday too. I got yelled at for smiling. Yep, smiling got me yelled at.
ReplyDeleteOh man...she is weird. I can't believe she said that to you two grown women. She must have some hidden issues!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is dumb.
ReplyDeleteIn law school, we always used our laptops in class and would spend the entire class g-chatting with each other. It was only problematic if someone forgot to turn off the volume on their computer, hahah!
LMAO! I thought high school was the end of getting scolded for passing notes! I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you and B can start behaving yourselves! ;-)
that is just silly you totally feel like a child after the this.. Why is she not teaching and doing her job. Cute picture.. Sorry you had go through this.. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThat does sound pretty excessive!
ReplyDeleteDarn it all! 3 hours is waaaay too long for a class.
ReplyDelete