Friday, August 7, 2009

Round Robin

Today I am participating in Round Robin at Keeping up with the Schultz Family and you should too!


The Rules: There are no rules... just post something fun that you would like to share with other bloggers.

I want to share my recipe for a skin exfoliant you can make yourself at home!!

Every girl loves to be pampered but spa treatments can get pricey... especially in today's economy where everyone is trying to save a buck or two.

I found out a way to make your own homemade skin exfoliant to make your skin look and feel great without having to throw away spend all your hard earned money.
  • For DRY skin: Combine 1 tbs of brown sugar with few drops of olive oil to form a paste.
  • For NORMAL/SENSITIVE skin: Combine 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal with 1 tbs of honey.
  • For OILY skin: Combine 2 tbs of corn powder with orange, lemon, OR lime juice (enough to make a paste)
Then its time to be pampered!

Light some candles and put on some nice soothing music...

Rub "paste" in circular motions and avoid your eyes. Remember to be gentle and of course don't use anything you are allergic too. You can let paste sit for 5-10 minutes and dry or you can wash off right away. After washing off exfoliant (with warm water), pat dry and use your favorite moisturizer.

Ta-Da!! Saving money is fun isn't it?

Now head over HERE to see what the other bloggers are sharing


11 comments:

  1. Saving money is fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I hope you enjoyed your time at the Round Robin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipes. As an unemployed girl, I'm all about saving money...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! awesome!

    btw, so sorry i did not participate yesterday. i was really trying to remain positive. ;) it is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica + Amy = BFFs

    I can't wait to try the recipe for a wonderful, relaxing feeling! Thank you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooooow...perfect tip! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning Michelle's Pay It Forward giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog, and I have to say I love the idea of making your own skin care! I just might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and I'm always looking for things to do in the brief moments I get alone ... LOL

    Stopping by from Amy's, super fun blog I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this! What a great idea! I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking the time to play along today. I think this is a great idea for a special Valentine's Day. Have a great day... Happy Valentine's Day..

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.