Thursday, October 22, 2009

Need to Vent?

Its FINALLY Thursday!!

This means its time for the Thursday Tirade

Just Add Walter

YOUR day to get EVERYTHING off of your mind.

Just write a post, grab my button, and link up at the McLinky at the bottom.

Sound Easy? It is...

Now lets get started!!

  • I have gotten into a slump with school. Ever since Fall Break a couple of weeks ago I just haven't gotten back into the groove. I have two huge tests next week and I just have no energy to study (even though for once I have PLENTY of time). How can I get my groove back?!?! Any ideas?

  • Even though I am in a slump with school, it is still really demanding. I haven't been able to work hardly at all which makes me feel really guilty about financial situations at our house. I hate not being able to contribute and I know school is just going to get harder as time goes on which will possibly prevent me from working at all. I also feel guilty that I complain about this because there are so many people that do have to work full time and go to school full time. I am lucky that we are able to afford me not being able to work as much (or at all) right now -- but that doesn't make me feel any less guilty about it.

  • It is starting to get cold again and so I pulled out all of my sweaters. Bad news is a lot of them are fitting a little more snug than last year... ugh, that sucks! I need someone to come into my house and force me to exercise (oh, and eat healthy too). Are there any diets that are working for you? Want to share the love with me? I have had a couple of people in my family try weight watchers and they had GREAT success... I am really considering it at this point. Lord knows I can't afford a brand new wardrobe.

  • Last tirade would be that I am sad not a lot of people are entering my GIVEAWAY. Don't people like free stuff anymore?! I will beg if I have to... haha! Please oh please oh please go enter. HERE IS THE LINK

Ok, enough whining for the day.... Now its your turn!

Here is the button to grab (just copy and paste the code into the post you write):

Just Add Walter

And here is where you link up:


19 comments:

  1. I know it's hard not to feel guilty about not working, but you have to look at it like you need to focus on school now, so that you can graduate and get a great nursing job when you're done (and then you will really be able to contribute).

    I've been doing the Thirty Day Shred and have seen results, but it's killing me!

    Also, when I would get burned out studying in law school, I would try to reward myself. Like say, study really hard for 30 minutes, then do something fun or relaxing for 30 minutes. Or I would spend an entire afternoon studying and then plan to go out to dinner (that always cheered me up).

    And, for the life of me, I could not come up with anything that was really bothering me this week for the Tirade. I can't believe it. Of course there is my office pervert, but I already wrote about him. But, I'm sure all of that will change by next week and I'll have plenty of material! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo ready to be done with school!! it is just so frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about school that's frusterating! I so want to join and just vent... so I just might

    Hey you like giveaways?

    Sign up to follow her http://mommylovesgiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/10/want-extra-entries.html and help me earn esxtra entries and yourself some extra too!

    DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THE ROYAL FAMILY SENT YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girl - you know, I have lost a lot of weight over the last two years. I have two reasons - one - get twin boys and spend a lo of energy running after them (ok that one is not an option), the other is to eat and take note of what you are eating. Cut your portions and no seconds. And eat a little bit of everything you want. I also believe Weigh-less is in the USA - they have worked wonders for me before.

    (And I am not entering your giveaway because I live on the other side of the world with really crappy postal service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy I think when it comes to school we can get that way. I know when you first start everything is fun and new. Then you get into it and more and more test come along and papers and you burn out. I would get all of your materials out that you have to study. Read through them three times and then do something fun. Then when you are ready go back. I have seen the results of Weight Watchers through my Mom's friend and she loves it. I think you look great. I entered your giveaway....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't stress yourself out about not being able to work. Right now, school is your job!! Nursing school is so hard and so demanding it's virtually impossible for someone to work while in nursing school. I am working full time and going to school full time and I feel like I want to kill someone by the end of the day everday. It's so overwhelming, so be thankful and don't stress about not being able to contribute. You will be able to soon and it will be so rewarding.
    I have been very successful with WW in the past. But for some reason I cannot seem to get on the bangwagon. Maybe too much stress? I don't know. But the first time I did it I love 27 pounds in 3 monts and the most recent time I did it was 2 years ago. I lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks. It's a great program and very functional. Good luck and don't stress over things you can't control right now!
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well since you seem a little stressed... head over to my blog today for a GOOD laugh! I posted photos of our halloween costumes... some how the hubs talked me into going 80's instead of greek! It should lift your spirits a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Amy,
    I think that part of it just might be that it's that time of year just before the holidays. It's no longer summer, but not quite Christmas yet. I think we all get into those kind of funky moods, but they do pass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i did weight watchers last year and lost 25 pounds in about 4 months. i've kept all of it off for over a year now! i LOVE ww because its a lifestyle change instead of a "diet."

    but hang on to that budget - i had to get all new clothes because mine were all way too big! trust me - it was FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have several friends who had great success with weight watchers. I joined the Y, but I get so busy that I can't work out as often as I need to. I sympathize with you about the sweaters. Same thing happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard great things about Weight Watchers too. I count calories and fat grams and that works well too...even though I get sick of it sometimes :-) As for exercise, I do the Jillian Michaels 30 Days. 20 minutes or so a day and I'm done! perfect because I hate exercise.

    I didn't enter the giveaway because I don't use a mouse pad :-) I have a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do weight watchers adn have lost 38 pounds since January! PLUS, I think that the meetings are fun and have met some great girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only diet that has ever worked for me is to count calories. Ugh.

    I entered your giveaway for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't actually done Weight Watchers but I do like sparkpeople.com. It's a free website where you can track diet and exercises and there are a lot of great resources on there too. I really like it!

    Anna had some great suggestions for getting through studying. I used to do the same things in grad school. I could always work for a set amount of time if I knew I had a treat coming.

    I will definitely have to participate in this next week. I should have plenty to talk about!

    Oh, and I also gave you an award on my blog.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use to always get in that "slump" at around this time of the semester. Good luck getting out of it.

    As I type, hubby is back in the office doing his homework...he has a long road ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've done Weight Watchers and really loved it. It's probably the healthiest dieting (but not really dieting) program out there, in my opinion. Also, have you heard of The Shred? If not, check it out!

    This post just gave me a craving for wine! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you tried the 30 Day Shred? I'm able to diet less by doing this. I'm not the best dieter in the world. Ah ha. Hang in there with school! The hubs is working toward his CPA and MBA right now. Yeah, he's nuts. So, I feel your pain. I never see him. Ah ha. He's so swamped.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't worry, you should giveup it for soem time and do any other work which you like very most, it will give you a new energy and some refreshment.

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.