This story is from a few years back but it is a "classic" one in our family.
Just looking at this Dr. Pepper bottle makes me start laughing because I am thinking of the story I am about to tell all of you...

There was this one time when I got a phone call from my mom...
She was FRANTIC.
The phone call went something like this:
Mom: "oh my gosh Amy!!!!! I just went to the gas station and got a couple of bottles of Dr. Pepper. I opened the first one and looked at the cap and it said I won $100!!!!!! I then opened up my other bottle of Dr. Pepper and you would not believe what it said!?!?!??!?! I won ANOTHER $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: "oh my gosh Mom! That is AWESOME!"
Mom: "I am going back in the store and buying some more Dr. Peppers"
Me: "um, I doubt you are going to win AGAIN mom!"
Mom: "I'll call you back"
(fast forward 5 minutes I get another phone call)
Mom: "OH MY GOSH AMY!!!!!! I just got 3 more bottles. THEY ARE ALL WINNERS!!!! You need to come down here now!! Something crazy is going on... I'm going back to buy some more bottles!!!!!
(fast forward another 5 minutes and I get another call)
Mom: "I bought some Diet Dr. Peppers this time and those are WINNERS TOO!!! The man at the register is looking at me funny. I keep coming up with stories to tell him about why I need so many Dr. Peppers. I am running out of stories. I think I am going to ask him how to claim all this money. I'll call you back"
(fast forward 10 minutes and I get the last call)
Mom: "amy..........................I didn't win anything..........................the bottle caps are just saying you have a chance to win $100..........................they have some weird code at the bottom that you enter in the computer to see if you won......................................I didn't see the code thing or read the side of the bottle which explains it all.................................
Me: "MOM!??! how many bottles did you end up buying?!?!?!?!??!"
Mom: "my whole backseat of my car is full of OPEN Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper bottles"
Me: "hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha"
Mom: "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"
The funny thing is my mom NEVER even checked those codes to see if she ACTUALLY won anything... she could have actually been a winner with as many bottles as she bought!
The bottle caps have changed a little now.... they JUST state the code, nothing else... but it still makes me laugh everytime I see one....

Have you guys ever done something this silly?








That is hilarious and something my mom would totally do.
ReplyDeleteOh my GOSH that is funny!!! I'm laughing out loud and my family is looking at me funny... Thanks for sharing!!! :)
ReplyDeletehahaaa!!! omg i love it!!! that's totally something i would have done!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is seriously funny!! I know afew people who would have done it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing..
:-)
HAHA! AWWWWW poor mom! She should have def. tried to plug the numbers! HYSTERICAL!
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwwwww, hahaha!
ReplyDeleteMy mom would totally do that too!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha that is HILARIOUS.... sounds like something I would do!!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!!! The cashier must have had a good laugh as well! haha
ReplyDeletethat is so cute! it made me smile this morning.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!! I'm glad your mom was able to laugh about it!
ReplyDeleteOh, that's too good! I would totally do this! Tell your mom she is not alone!
ReplyDeleteHA!! that is too funny!
ReplyDeletereminds me of those fake lottery cards when people think they won the jackpot only to find out they need to contact santa about their winnings ;)
That was funny... I know I do silly things all of the time...
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny! I'd crack up every time I saw a Dr. Pepper bottle if I were you, and I'd NEVER let my mother live it down!
ReplyDeletethats a really cute story!!
ReplyDeletesounds like a convo that my mom and I would have...and totally something that my mom would do!!
That is hilarious. I'd buy her a case of Dr Pepper for Christmas, lol ....
ReplyDeleteThis is so stinkin funny!! I cant get over it!! and i can totally see my mom doing the exact same thing!!! tooo funny!! great post!
ReplyDeleteThis totally made me laugh! Thanks for brightening my day with this story! Love it! :)
ReplyDeletethats TOOO flipping funny!
ReplyDeleteOMG too funny!
ReplyDeleteToo funny!! ha.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute story. Your mom sound fun haha!
ReplyDeleteYour mom is hilarious! I love her innocence!
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha! That's classic! I love it!!! My mom would have TOTALLY done something like this...except she would have told the clerk about it and then likely been embarrassed... haha.. This is awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny. When Burger King first opened my Dad went and asked for a Whooooper. (Whopper)
ReplyDeleteThe woman asked what size Root Beer he wanted.
That is so funny! I can see how exciting that would be and I would totally have done the same thing. How disappointing, but funny picturing a backseat full of Dr. Pepper's that had been opened!
ReplyDeleteOMW ~ that is funny! That is something my mom would do! HAHAHAHA!
ReplyDeletehahahaha! Your family has the funniest stories! This is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteThis is too funny! I was actually talking about the code thing last weekend. I drink at diet coke every single day. I've NEVER checked a code. I could be a millionaire! :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious!!! ha ha ha ha ha
ReplyDelete