Friday, November 6, 2009

We're going....

The Holidays have become a headache for me.

Hubby and I always get into arguments about which parents house we are going to for which holiday. It is a battle. It is not fun.

This year we decided to give ourselves a vacation as our present to each other.

So for New Years guess where we are going to be?!?!

SHIPS AHOY MATEY!

We're going on a CRUISE!!!

where you might ask??

The Bahamas!!

Justin and I have both been to the Western Caribbean several times: Jamaica, Cozumel (twice), Cancun, Belize and Honduras so we decided to give the Eastern Caribbean a chance and go there this time. Justin has been to the Bahamas before (and didn't really enjoy it) but I have never been so I really wanted to go.

Why do I want to go so bad?

Well I grew up loving this song:

(UPDATE: I had another "Kokomo" video up earlier and found out the middle of the video
had PORN on it... sorry about that...haha)

And I always dreamed I would go and see ALL OF those places... since
the Bahamas are a part of the song... I have to go!!

We are going with another couple and are so excited!

And since I will be away from the bloggy world during that time I am
looking for a couple of GUEST BLOGGERS during that time.

I will put out some feelers now and remind everyone later if you don't want to commit right now.

Email me at justaddwalter@gmail.com if you are interested!!!

*********

I also wanted to remind you guys of some great giveaways going on right now around the blogosphere:

Anna's Favorite Things @ Southern Champagne Wishes: Ends 11/8


Balloon Time @ A Nut in a Nutshell: Ends 11/17

And of course my giveaway: Ends 11/11
PS: I can't believe I am *almost* at 200 followers... that blows me away!!
I need one more follower to push me over to 200... who is it going to be?!?!


30 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song too!!! I totally would go on a vacation JUST because of that song too, LOL!

    You guys are going to have a blast:)

    Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I did it!!! I am the 200th follower!!!

    Yay me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's great..

    Its an absolutely fantastic vacation..one of my "Must See's" before I die..

    I am so envious..

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!! how exciting to get out of town for the holidays!! i'm terrified of going on a cruise.... my poor husband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok - NOW I'm jealous!! i want to go on a cruise too :( Will you put me in your suitcase? LOL!
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful! Be sure to take lots of pics to share with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome. I could use one of those. We never go on vacation where you can just relax and not have to cook or do the beds. Can I come with you, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We go to Vegas every year, to avoid parental squabbles!!! Have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds fantastic! I've never been on a cruise and am dying to add that to my list of travel experiences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous! Great idea though!! I hope y'all have a fabulous time.
    My hubs and I do our own thing (usually go to his parents beach house in Myrtle Beach) for Thanksgiving b/c we are the only one's without kids in my family and if you don't have kids...and we feel a little left out sometimes so we started our own tradition a few years ago and we LOVE IT. It's very relaxing and no dishes to clean up after T-giving dinner!
    I didn't know you lived in Charlotte!! I am in love with that place and really looking forward to going. I try to get up there about 4 times a year. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JEALOUS!!! How fun..you guys will have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cruise! How fun! That will be so relaxing after the holidays. That is a great present to give each other.

    Thanks for blogging about my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Cruising! That will be so much fun. I always enjoy the Bahamas!! Congrats on 200 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried to convince my husband to go away on a cruise for the holidays, but I haven't been successful just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this will be a fun time for sure. I will guest blog for you just let me know when. It was funny to see my face on your blog today. Three more entries for you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH man I am jealous! I've never been on a cruise haha Have enough fun for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhhhh such a good idea!
    Maybe I can convince S to do this in April... I think that's just what we need after a long winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh have fun!! I don't think I could last on a boat :) But I hear they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally jeolous but happy for you!!! I love that song...especially since John Stamos is playing drums!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sounds like the perfect solution!

    I love cruising. So much fun and you don't even know it's a boat it so huge right?

    It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't believe you're going to the Bahamas on a cruise!!! How fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! The bf & I are ditching thanksgiving and heading to VEGAS!Not nearly as glamorous but we get the idea =D Congrats on your 200 followers! I love your blog =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. A cruise sounds like the perfect thing to do right after Christmas. It will be so relaxing! I hope you have a wonderful time and that is so fun that you're going with another couple.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never been on a cruise but it sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time and come home relaxed and refreshed.

    My husband and I don't argue about the holidays. But we do have many arguments over vacation. We call it the "V" word.

    I'd be willing to guest blog for you if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been to the Bahamas twice on cruises, and am getting married there next August. You are going to love it!!! We're actually going on a cruise in January, too. It sounded like a great escape from the holiday stress. I'm new to your blog and enjoying what I've read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I took a Christmas Cruise to the Carribean 5 years ago and it was the best! It was so relaxing and there was no stress of having to run around to visit everyone. You're going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.