Sunday, November 8, 2009

working hard...

Working 12+ hour shifts all weekend.... joy!

Me at 5:3oAM on Saturday

Gracie looks like she is saying, "Mom, it's wayyyyy too early for pictures"

And yes I REALLY do wear those BRIGHT PINK/MAGENTA shoes. I know they don't match my scrubs but they are The.Most.Comfortable.Shoes.In.The.World.... so don't judge!

On my floor we fight over who gets to wear which color for shoes. We all have to wear the same color scrubs (CNAs = Teal, Nurses = Navy/White) so the shoes are the only thing that sets us apart. You can say, "oh, your nurse is the one with the yellow shoes" instead of "she has brown hair" or whatever. It is great!!

And the lucky part is I get to wear PINK ones!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


23 comments:

  1. Oh hon, I feel ya! I am working 12s on nights this weekend, too, and I'm so tired! That's great that you get to wear whatever color shoes. We have to wear either all navy, all white, or navy and white scrubs with either all white, all navy, or black shoes. No fun.

    What brand shoes are yours? I have SoftWalks and LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great day...5:30 is way to early on a Sat you poor thing...but then again I am reading this on Sun and it's 7:00 am and I have no excuse to be up other than i cant sleep! :)
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so official there nurse Amy. I love the shoes! Poor Gracie does look a little tired. Is she wearing pj's? (hee, hee) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute and very official! = ) Love the pink shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink shoes. What a great way to set yourself apart when you all have to wear the same color scrubs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog a few weeks ago! Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I'm a follower of your blog now! Hope you had a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the shoes are cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 12 hour shifts would be brutal! LOVE the shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink shoes are fabulous! You look very official!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shoes too! And you look cute in scrubs! I hope everything goes well this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look too cute!! love that you wear bright pink shoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shoes, what a great way to express yourself. Isn't nice though knowing what you have to wear and not having to buy allot of clothes for work?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shoes. Hope you had a great weekend even if you worked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a job where you're on your feet. You NEED those comfy shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Twelve hours?! You must be exhausted. I love that you all get to wear different colored shoes and I actually think that color complements the teal very well :)! I also love that Gracie is wearing her little ink shirt that early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like pink color also, i have many attires of pink colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm doing 12 hour shifts this weekend too.. nights. I'm done in a few hours!

    Your shoes look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why do Mom's never get any credit. All those years of shopping and giggling her and her mom did. Did she tell you that her Mom laid out $100 + for those cute pink shoes because she was worried about her feet hurting. Ok YEAH for mom....."Gotta love me"

    Amy's Mom/Gracies Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those pink shoes! I hope your weekend was OK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The badge reel looks great with your scrubs!!! (and your shoes!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh I love the shoes! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.