Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Broccoli

Today is Christmas Eve.

Last year something funny happened (yep, it's story time).

Justin, my stepdad and I all decided to go out and look at Christmas lights while my mom finished up some last minute cooking.

We come back and my mom is nowhere to be found. Her car is gone... she won't answer her cell phone... nothing.

We are all starting to get a little worried.

Next thing we know she comes in the house with a big bag of CHINESE food.

We are all confused because we already ate dinner that night

Me: Mom, what in the world are you doing with all that Chinese food??

Mom: Well, everything is closed. Wally world is closed. Target is closed. Grocery stores and convenience stores are closed. I needed some broccoli to finish up this broccoli casserole and the only place that was opened was the Chinese restaurant.

Me: Hahaha.

Mom: So I just went in there and ordered some broccoli. I needed at least a couple of pounds. They asked if I wanted chicken and I said no, just broccoli. They asked if I wanted rice and I said no, just broccoli. They asked if I wanted an egg roll and I said no, just broccoli. They thought I was really weird ordering that much broccoli but that was the only place left open to get what I needed.

So thanks to my mom and her quick thinking... we had a wonderful broccoli casserole afterall!

Merry Christmas Eve!!!
And make sure you have everything you need before the stores close tonight!!


13 comments:

  1. Too funny! That's quick thinking! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips... I am glad to see you back..

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha....that is funny!!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your mom rocks, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg. i love your mother. i love you. i love your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha! That's awesome. I think I'm going to re-tell this story to my mom b/c she'll get a complete kick out of it! Merry Christmas, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's clever!! lol

    Merry Christmas Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny story. I'm impressed with your Mother's improvisation. I wouldn't have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny! Ha. I am not a fan of chinese food, so I get steamed brocoli all the time when I go there and they always think I am weird.
    Cute mom!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.