Thursday, December 3, 2009

Funkalicious

It's Thursday and you know what that means!

Thursday Tirade Time

Just Add Walter

wanna know the rules? click here

My tirade this week:

I am in a funk...

I don't know whether it is the weather (which is currently cloudy and rainy)...

or if its just me tired of being sick (yep, I'm sick again... and Justin is too)...

or if I am sad/anxious/scared for some of my fellow bloggers like Megan and Summer who are the sweetest people and have both been struggling with infertility. It isn't fair and I think about them so often it hurts me too. I often wonder if I am going to face some of these problems one day and if my "plan" to wait 2-3 more years to have a family is really the right "plan"...

or if I am sad about a certain anniversary that is happening on Saturday (more to come on that later... maybe... if I feel up to posting about it)...

or if I am sooooo ready for the holidays.. (aka: school being over for the year) because I am feeling a little burnt out...

or if I am overwhelmed by the amount of laundry, cleaning, etc that needs to be done....

all I know is that I am officially in a funk!

I promise I will return to "happy Amy land" again soon!

If you wanna play the tirade today, I would love for you to join. You definitely don't have to make it as depressing as mine is this week! Write whatever is on your mind! I would love to hear about it!

So here we go: write a post, grab the button and link up below!

Just Add Walter



19 comments:

  1. I hope your funk ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's entitled to get in a funk now and then. I hope that you and Justin get well soon! Once school is finally done, I bet things will start looking up as you'll have time to have fun with the holidays.

    I laughed when I read your comment on my blog today. I got tons of comments - it's like these people have never seen tights before! The big boss at my office loved them and wore some herself today. Which was fine - except she had to point them out to me in a meeting of 35 people and say that she liked mine better. Which pretty much just brought it back up again. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you don't feel like your usual self! Being sick never helps, and you're so busy with school and work. I know what it feels like :-( Sometimes, the house and the laundry just have to suffer and keep till you have more time to devote to them (which if you're like me, maybe me a month later!).

    I've been hearing a lot about people dealing with infertility issues. It's made me re-think my plan a bit, too, but at the same time I feel like I've got so much going on with work and moving to another country, that it's just not the right time. All I can do is pray for families who are struggling with this. It says a lot about the type of person you are, that your heart hurts for your friends, too. You're going to be such an awesome nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're feeling in a funk. My big funky period is that week between Christmas and New Year's. I despise it!

    I hope the clouds go away for you soon! Smiles.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is no fun to be in a funk. I think it is the winter blues or cabin fever that gets me in a funk sometimes. Right now we do not have the snow that keeps me in but it sure is cold. I wish you the best of luck with finishing up school. I know I was so ready for school to be over at times too. I do also feel the same way when I read stories about women who can't have babies. I know in time that something good will happen to all of them. I just wish that for all of them. Take care my friend. I am sending a big smile your way.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you. I'm in a total funk! It's the working the holidays, I think. It kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's just this time of year, everyone gets burnt out by the time the holidays get here! I hope your funk ends soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww I'm sorry I hope that your spirits are lifted soon. I know school this time of year is so tough good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from SITS... I've never heard of Tirade Thursday... but I like it!!!

    ~Elizabeth
    http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Amy, sending you big hugs and hope that things are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's the time of year, we all can get in a funk. Weather changes, time changes and it's dark out soooo early. There are a million and one things to do but only 20 days it do it in!!!
    Little by little and one day at a time otherwise it is overwhelming, at least for me, and I lay on the couch and do nothing at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sweet comments! Since I don't show up on your reader and I am way too cool not to follow.. he he. Try to just copy my HTML (http://mrs-adventure.blogspot.com) then go to "Add" then paste it there. That's how I add everyone (like you, wink) thanks in advance for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, hun! Everyone's permitted to a funk now and then, I think. Sometimes it's so necessary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An easy way to get out of your funk is to remind yourself that tomorrow is Friday! (Hope that helped ;) ).

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear that you're in a gloomy mood. I do think it's the weather. It could be S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder)too, which is caused by the gloomy weather & winter weather setting in. A lot of us gets it. I do sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy,

    Happy Friday.. I hope you have a great day..

    Here is a fun tag that I tagged you in if you want to play along..

    http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-meme-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. (((HUGS))) I hope that the Christmas spirit pushes out that funk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know the funk feeling for sure! Sometimes its nice to just be in a funk for a little so much better when you come out of it!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.