Monday, December 14, 2009

Tacky, Tacky

We had the Tacky Sweater Party this weekend...

BUT after a 13 hour work day I wasn't in the mood (bah humbug) to get dressed up in my tacky sweater outfit. I actually thought I was having some sort of reaction to something at work because my face was bright red, my eyes were bloodshot, my lips were so chapped I thought I was going to scream...

So I put on a (non) tacky Christmas sweatshirt & jeans and went to the party instead.

I also forgot to take a lot of pictures (boo). There were some great outfits this year and I didn't get pictures of any of them....

But here is what I have:

College friends
College friends again
Socializing a bit...


As our hostess gift, we brought enough Egg Nog for 40 people to have one glass... it was gone in 20 minutes or less. Apparently it was good.

I am trying to convince Justin to let me put the recipe on here but he says it is a "SECRET WALTER FAMILY RECIPE"

How was everyone else's weekend??


17 comments:

  1. Eggnog!! Yum!! We mostly stuck to chores this weekend. So much to do before Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope you are ok and if you had a good time, that's all that matters!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well after all of that working I think I would have been the same way. I want to do this kind of party next year. I loved this idea... Some things are suppose to just stay in the family... Good luck with your papers and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I studied for finals! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you. If you're not feeling well, comfort is always the best way to go! Feel better!

    I actually like that snowman sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that stinks when you have somewhere to go and you just feel blahhh. At least you could wear a sweatshirt! {I'm thinking I would have tried to get away with a sports bra under it...hey I'm thinking about comfort here!} Eggnogg will cure anything though right??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better. I love tacky sweater parties. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had egg nog for the first time last week!! Weird huh?
    Secret recipe....Now I REALLY Want it! :)
    I have a tacky/ugly xmas sweater party this coming weekend. I am just using a sweater I used last year. I have lost my motivation alredy this xmas season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tacky Sweater parties are the BEST!!!!!!! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never had egg nog! i think i need to try it.
    i hope your mood was changed by party time and you had lots of fun! cute pictures hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I love eggnog. Decorated this weekend and went shopping at Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hubs is obsessed with egg nog, too! he takes it so seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even know you could make egg nog! I guess I've always just bought it. {that's embarrassing to admit, obviously someone makes it!}
    I got your sweet sweet package and wrote about it on my blog! :o) I really truly can't thank you enough you really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh come on JUSTIN!!!! We NEED this recipe - I promise we won't sell it to anyone!! (just put it on here....we won't tell him you gave it to us!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eggnog...hmmmm...it just doesnt seem right to me! I have never had it....but yours must have been good! Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm...the Walter eggnog is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.