My husband took a picture of me last night and said it was one of his new favorite pictures.
He also posted it to Facebook with the caption "My Girls"
I think the picture is TERRIBLE and I immediately start picking it apart:
- My hair looks TERRIBLE and is accentuated by the shadows making it even worse.
- I have a double chin
- I have on NO MAKEUP
- My right eyebrow looks funny
- Gracie has demon eyes
- I look like I am choking the life out of Gracie
- One of my shirt sleeves is up, the other is down
- etc, etc....
When I mentioned these things, Justin said he didn't notice any of it... he really just loved the picture.
Its funny to realize that sometimes people don't see the things you see and can love you regardless of your flaws and issues...
We all need to learn to love ourselves a little more and stop trying so hard to always be "perfect". There is no "perfect"... we are who we are for better or for worse! If people don't like it, well they can just look away!

PS: For anyone wanting my health update -- Some of my tests have come back and some haven't. So far everything is NORMAL but the one test we are really waiting on takes awhile so I have no answers yet... thanks for all the messages, prayers, and support! I should hopefully know SOMETHING this upcoming Monday.







You have a very smart husband.
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way - it's a beautiful and natural picture of the two "people" he loves! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I feel like I've been to your blog before...de ja vue? I don't know. Oh, and I think that's a great picture!
ReplyDeletei think YOU look beautiful! i agree, you do have a smart hubby!!
ReplyDeletegracie looks adorable too :)
like your hubby my fiance likes the way i look best when i have no makeup on and my hair not done at all.
I like it too! =D My BF says the same thing BUT i NEVER take his word for it lol
ReplyDeleteAw, I think it's really cute. But if it was me I'd be sitting there picking out all the flaws too - so far so good on your tests! That is great!! :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't that wonderful to have a mate that loves you so much!
ReplyDeleteMike will look at me when I am stinky ugly and tell me I'm beautiful, and I'm like Aacckk!!! Go away! Bless him though:)
What a good guy! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteI'm with the hubs on this one. Great picture...and I'm with you on the advice. It's good too...
ReplyDeleteI seriously hate it when I miss a post and am totally lost... I hope you are ok. I will keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I see why your hubby likes the pic. It's really sweet (and you are beautiful)!
keep us updated on your tests!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean...I do the same thing as you when I see a picture of myself or whenever I look in the mirror actually.
it is a great picture, why are we so hard on ourselves. I hope you get answers very soon, thoughts and prayers. Kristen
ReplyDeleteI'll say a little prayer for you tonight.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the husband - it's a super cute picture!
ReplyDeleteYou are so very right, Amy! I think we need to say this more to ourselves, too. I'm constantly critiqueing what I look like and ALWAYS worried about my nose...double chin...etc...when half of the time I'm certain that no one else is seeing the same thing at.all.
ReplyDeleteawwww that husband is a sweet man! and you know, i didn't notice any of that until you pointed it out....its still super cute to me :) you're in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteIt's really sweet (and you are beautiful)!
ReplyDeleteWork from home India
You ARE beautiful! But I totally understand... I was honestly just doing the same thing yesterday! Looking at pics my DH took of me and our boys, and I just kept thinking, UGH! I need different lipstick! My chin sticks out to far! I need to lose weight! Etc. etc. etc. But he doesn't see any of those things at all. It's definitely true that we're all our own worst critics! Thank God for sweet husbands! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen sister! This is SO true. Your hubby sounds so sweet...and he is right....you ARE perfect :)
ReplyDeleteStill praying for GOOD results from your tests!!
I'm with your husband! I think the photo is great. But, I pick apart my photos like crazy. Everytime my hubby puts one of us on his FB profile I have to comment how dumb I look, or I look like a camel or something and he says he doesn't see what I'm talking about. My theory: Love is blind - because even though he can't see it - I CAN!
ReplyDeleteYour husband is right. You're beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, though. We're always our own worst critics, aren't we?
That is a very sweet picture. I love it. I totally agree with the hubby!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing. Your husband sees what we all see...a gorgeous girl inside and out! Gracie too!
ReplyDeleteI just read your last post...you are in my thoughts and I hope that everything is ok. Keep us updated sweetie and take care of yourself!!!
Sweet post, I love that husbands can see the good we can't always see.
ReplyDeleteyour picture is amazing. I love your thoughts... Your husband is just too sweet.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the normal tests and good luck on the ones not back yet!
ReplyDeleteAs for pics? I stopped picking myself apart in pics a few years ago when I started looking through old pics that I once hated....and now...I look so YOUNG! lol. I LOVE those pics.
ha ha! So now when I take a bad one, I let it be cuz I know in 20 yrs I'll be like..."OMG, I was so HOT back then! ha ha!
The picture is beautiful. When my father was in town last October we went to a mall. I went into Lane Bryants to shop. (I am a small there) When I came out he said your mother loved that store and he also said can you get something for Amber, my daughter. (she is like a 4) I said no it's for heavier people. He didn't see my mom that way. Isn't that sweet, that' what love is all about .
ReplyDeleteehh. Don't you hate how long it takes for test results to come back?? IT seems odd to me considering how quick technology is, etc. I get very anxious waiting for results, so I Think they should always happen right.away. ha.
ReplyDeleteAND, that is so nice of your husband. It is a great picture!! But you know, I pick apart pictures of myself ALL.THE.TIME (more so since I have gained weight) and my husband's favorite pictures of me are my LEAST favorite. Kind of weird. Enjoy his love!