Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spa and Shred

I got a late night phone all from a friend on Friday who said she had received two FREE coupons for an all day spa pass and wanted to know if I could go on Saturday.

Of course I said YES, YES, YES.

We had such a good time. Services we received were:
  • facials with chair massage
  • hydroderm fusion treatment (they steam the toxins out of your body)
  • slim capsule treatment (they put you in this capsule and make you sweat a LOT which is supposed to help you lose weight over time -- it said I lost 250 calories in 20 minutes just by laying there)
  • mystic tan treatment (spray tan)
I was excited about all of them but hesitant about the mystic tan. I had one done years ago and it was a nightmare... back then I sort of turned out like this:

However, this time it was a success (thank goodness!!). I actually look tan and I don't look orange. Sorry I don't have a picture yet -- you will have to wait to see.

Overall, my FREE spa day was great and it is ALWAYS great to spend a day at the spa with a friend.

*****
30 Day Shred update:
DAY 5: Until today I have been a little mean to Jillian. Around the 7th minute in, I start to roll my eyes at her and yell at her when she tells me to do push-ups and crunches. However, today things have changed. I was able to get to minute 13 before I started yelling at her and rolling my eyes. Yes sir, things have changed. I am getting stronger and fitter and even though I still don't love Jillian -- I am sure she means well.


10 comments:

  1. The spa sounds like fun! great job on working out :-)

    I like Jillian most of the time, but like you, I get to a point where I roll my eyes at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a fun day!! I'm glad that this tanning experience didn't leave you looking like an Oompa Loompa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome girl day!

    (My Mystic Tan exprerience was great... glad yours was too!)

    P.S. Jillian is mean.

    P.P.S. Jillian went back to Netflix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a fun day for sure.. I am still proud of you. You tell Jillian how you feel. You can do it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so fun that you had a free spa day - yay! Keep up the good work with The Shred!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous of the free spa day!!! Hell yes! :) Glad it was a blast and although your former mystic experience was apparently craptacular, I'm glad this one turned out much much better! :) I always look like I dipped my hands in cheetos or something. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and MAJOR kudos on the shred!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A free spa day? Really? *sigh* Jealous!

    Good job on the shred! Keep it up lady. I started working out with her at the beginning of the year....she's pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous about your FREE spa day!!

    Oh gosh, I cannot listen to Jillian. When I was doing the Shred I would do it without distractions for a couple days and then when I had pretty much learned the routine, I'dset up my laptop next to the TV. I'd turn her waaaay down and turn the tv to something that could hold my attention and distract me. It definitely helped. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are not hating Jillian so much!
    IT will only get easier! :)
    I am scared to get a spray tan!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.