Sunday, January 9, 2011

Can I do it?

I have one goal for this year... it's pretty easy but I can NEVER accomplish it no matter how hard I try....

What is it you may ask?

Send all family birthday cards on time.  This doesn't sound hard but I have a LOT of people in my family

13 nephews and nieces
4 Brothers
2 Brother-in-Laws
5 Sister-in-Laws
1 Mother-in-Law / 1 Father-in-Law
1 Nana
1 Mother / 1 Father
1 Husband
1 Fur Baby, Gracie

 ... that is a total of 31 people in my IMMEDIATE family.  Friends, cousins, aunts/uncles are gonna have to fend for themselves this year.

It has always been so hard for me to stay on track... but this year I WILL accomplish my goal.  I have made a spreadsheet.... I have prepped early.....

January - March birthdays are ALREADY written out, stamped, and addressed.  I am trying to stay proactive on this goal.

I can do it!

 "my side" of the family 
(minus 1 brother, 1 nieces, and 2 nephews)

"Justin's side" of the family 
(minus 1 niece and 1 nephew)



What are your goals for the year?


9 comments:

  1. Holy cow Amy, that's a lot of people. Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - there are 36 people in my immediate family alone! Getting all of their cards sent in time from New Zealand takes a lot of forethought. I have reminders on my Google Calendar, which helps a lot. It's great that you've got so many of them already done - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, I have faith in you!

    I have typical cliche goal, lose weight ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had the cards ready in advance, I could do it. Otherwise, I'd fail. You can do this though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is tough! You have soo many bdays to remember! You can do it I just know you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm bad too and getting worse every year. Good thing Hallmark and the postal service doesn't depend on me to keep them in business. Hope your strategy works and you reach your goal. I think it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of my goals too! I got my first card out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a LOT Of family! Good luck with that :)

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.