Monday, January 10, 2011

It's a COLD mess

Today was supposed to be my first day back to school after "Winter Break"

BUT INSTEAD.....

It's a SNOW DAY!!
I woke up this morning, looked outside and saw this:


At least 3-5 inches of snow!! 

Incase you don't know that is a BIG deal in NC.  EVERYTHING in the city is closed! Nearby cities have everything closed and they don't even have snow YET...haha! I love living in the South!

I spied on my new neighbor shoveling his sidewalk... doesn't he want to do ours too??


Gracie tried to find the last bit of grass to "do her business on" -- she is a homebody and does not enjoy the snow at all


But I made her stay out long enough to snap a picture of the pretty winter wonderland....


Happy Snow Day -- if you are out in the mess, please be careful!! 


10 comments:

  1. I love what Gracie is wearing! I wish snow meant everything shut down where I live....people in Illinois almost kill themselves driving in horrible conditions. Have a fun snow day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! We got a ton of ice, sleet and rain which is stunning South Carolina! We aren't prepared! Hope you enjoy your snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your snow day!
    cute pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Snow Day to you.. We have snow but everyone just gets around in it. I am lucky to be at home.. I have a giveaway starting tomorrow if you want to stop by..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dog is too cute! That's funny how she was snugged up against the house looking for grass. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You close school for 3-6 inches?! You are sooo lucky! We are supposed to get up to a foot tomorrow night into Wednesday here in New York and I am wishing and hoping for a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got snow too! Like ya'll everything closes in Arkansas when it snows! Gotta love the South!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is in South Carolina right now and he just told me it snowed there and now freezing rain, and we got nothing up here in NH, but I heard there is some coming Wed.
    My dog was rescued from the south and she is not a fan of New England weathers and snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's freaking me out how the world shuts down for the tiniest bit of snow down here. We got some sleet here overnight but no snow! I want the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.