Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Towel Girl

Its hot in the south, but this is a little extreme…

Walking down the streets of Charleston, I saw this girl:

There was no pool nearby... she left the hotel this way...

We followed her awhile to try to see where she was going but never found out.

The rest of her family was dressed normally (her mom is in the brown shirt)

Any ideas about Towel Girl?

UPDATE: just for clarification because it is hard to tell in the picture-- she is actually wearing two towels...one on her head, the other around her body!

And before you leave, enter my VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY HERE!!


View other people's pictures at:



31 comments:

  1. I love that you talked crazy towel girl.. my thoughts... she died her hair and something went horribly wrong so she put the towel on her head and was off to the salon for help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by talked, i really meant stalked...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking maybe she had curlers in her hair???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I love that you followed her for awhile, LOL! I am thinking the girls have a good idea with the hair issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay..this one wins the cake!!!

    CRAZY!

    I'm assuming she had her hair done!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does she have shoes on? And is that legal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so strange! I might could get past the towel on her head (might), but what on earth is she doing walking down the street with just a towel on her body? That is so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear this is all the rage in Milan this summer. ;-) Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crazy? Who does that!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You followed her? Now that's funny. You were trying to solve the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is way crazy who knows what she was thinking or doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmm. I could see the towel on the head maybe (well, at least come up with a lot of ideas why), but to walk around in a towel?! did anyone else even look at her funny?

    ReplyDelete
  13. wait...she has on two towels, right? head and body?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha... Love it. And every month one of my women's mag does a feature where they get staffers to do things like this just to gauge people's reactions. One of them had to walk around NYC with smeared make up on like she had no idea. Quite funny. Lets HOPE this was a prank as well. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL loved the fact that you followed her. Too funny. I bet there is a major story about that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Probably was a dare. Funny post - made me laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was in Charleston 2 weeks ago. I could have used a towel to dry myself off. Man, was it muggy! It wouldn't have been on my head though. Trust me, you don't want to know! Have a great WW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. JennyMac has it right on the button! That is exactly what I thought as soon as I saw that picture. That she was doing it for a magazine, and they had her do it for peoples reactions! Keep an eye out for her in the next Marie Claire (or whatever runs those funny pranks!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. New fashion craze maybe! Or maybe she just got her makeup done for her wedding and was off to the dress shop to get ready! Either way, I do not think I would ever got out in a towel in public. Does she even have shoes on?

    ReplyDelete
  20. FYI - something BIG is happening at Sunshinemeg tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! Do you think she bumped her head and didn't know what she was doing? Or do people actually do that down south? Great pic. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering me support in my addiction:) Glad I'm not alone in it!

    Adorable blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very strange... It would make me want to tug on a corner of the towel just to see if she had anything on underneath. I would never do that, but it makes you wonder. Surely she was wearing something under there, but normal people don't walk around like that either...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm going with the dare idea... or she was drunk. That is totally goofy!!! Thanks for the fun post! :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. hilarious, but sounds like she got locked out of her room, or had an incident with a toilet overflowing on her clothes, or something like that. love this blog bec. i love a Walter :)
    Cheers!
    Val

    ReplyDelete

"whatever you are, be a good one"
~Abraham Lincoln

Creative Commons License
Just Add Walter by Amy Walter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.